“Do not recommend”

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Bryce
Sierra Vista, Arizona
“Do not recommend”
Reviewed 22 September 2005

I agree with the previous reviews. I was disappointed upon arrival. The rooms are in old modular buildings. My room seemed cleaned, but the carpet was old and I was not able to walk barefoot in the room, which is something I normally would do. The bathroom had signs of bad maintenance and the shower stall door was disgusting and needed to be replaced. The rooms were quiet at night, the only noise was when it rained and the roof dripped onto the window air conditioning. The service was fine. The rates were the best in the area. I believe I got what I paid for.
It was not a horrible experience, but I will not return.

• Stayed September 2005
7 Thank lmking_az

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Hungarian first
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 10 July 2005

I would not stay here again. The units were modular (not a real building) and very dated. They had not been renovated since they were installed--same carpets, decorating, etc. The rooms were not dirty but because of the age, they were very musty. I would not walk on the carpet without my shoes. There is not a lot of choice in the area however I would drive a little further and find an alternative.

• Stayed July 2005
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travellers are raving about these Bryce hotels

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 23 June 2005

Going to Bryce Canyon on a budget? Foster's Motel on Hwy 12 is a good choice. The rooms are clean and have everything you need but they're a little small. No pool, but with everything to do at the Canyon we didn't feel we needed one. The restaurant is just only okay but they have a general store and bakery we utilized day and night. Excellent fresh breads, banana bread, fruit, sandwiches, fried chicken, coffee, etc, all really necessary for hiking Bryce. Not far from entrance to Bryce. Saw no questionable-type clients or beer bottles etc. The nice maintenance man knows a lot about horse and trail rides.

4 Thank erminiver
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 6 July 2004

Lots of rooms available at Foster's and most off all cheap at $50 a night. The interior of the rooms looks also very cheap; that bed lamp is a lawsuit waiting to happen. I still have both my eyes but I came within an inch of losing one. Must have been the cheapest lamp they could find. Why they put a big fluorescent light by a bed is beyond me. The bed linens didn't fit and pillows are paper thin.

Room and bathroom were clean. Foster's also has a restaurant, grocery store and a bakery. The bakery has a sign that says baked fresh every day. Well the bread we bought tasted horrible and was very dry, must have been made weeks before. The pastries by the sign "day old pastries" were still there the next day.

Foster's is close to Bryce and for only $50 it's a good deal, just don't expect much.

• Stayed July 2005
9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bryce
Best Western Plus Ruby's Inn
Bryce Pioneer Village
Stone Canyon Inn
Stone Canyon Inn
#1 of 5 in Tropic

Been to Foster's Bryce Canyon Motel? Share your experiences!