Foster's Bryce Canyon Motel
US$191
US$177
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Ruby's Inn(Bryce Canyon City)
US$149
US$142
HotelQuickly
The Lodge at Bryce Canyon(Bryce Canyon National Park)
US$178
Cancelon
  • Restaurant
US$123
US$113
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 April 2006

If you want to stay near Bryce and can find any other option that fits your budget and has rooms available, then *don't* stay at Fosters.

The small rooms (which are in a sort of containers) are very very old, as is the funishing. Due to their age, the rooms smell quite funny and you wouldn't want to walk barefoot... The heating doesn't work properly, too - either you freeze or you roast. Our tv didn't have a remote control, and no buttons for changing channels - you actually had to put your fingers into to tv set.

Staff and dinner we ok.

So the only point for Fosters is that it's really cheap, and close to Bryce - and that's all.

• Stayed: September 2005
9  Thank ISW
Reviewed 24 October 2005

We stayed for 2 nights. From the outside the motel's accommodation blocks reminded us of old prisoner of war movies. Unfortunately, the insides were not much better – in particular there was a rather unpleasant smell in the lobby/corridor. I am not sure that we would have liked the décor much when it was new, but it is now showing considerable signs of wear and tear. The deep-piled artificial fiber carpet was stained, the shower door wouldn't close and had some black mold. The cover kept falling off the air-conditioning unit.
We stayed at 10 hotels in our visit to the USA and this was the worst by some margin. It was also amongst the cheapest, but even so was poor value for money.
We did eat at the Foster's steakhouse and the steaks were quite good – the forest pie I had for dessert was actually excellent.
The general store/bakery attached to the motel provided reasonable but not outstanding fare for breakfast and a packed lunch.
We would not stay at Foster's again.

• Stayed: October 2005
12  Thank DexterHaven
Reviewed 22 September 2005

I agree with the previous reviews. I was disappointed upon arrival. The rooms are in old modular buildings. My room seemed cleaned, but the carpet was old and I was not able to walk barefoot in the room, which is something I normally would do. The bathroom had signs of bad maintenance and the shower stall door was disgusting and needed to be replaced. The rooms were quiet at night, the only noise was when it rained and the roof dripped onto the window air conditioning. The service was fine. The rates were the best in the area. I believe I got what I paid for.
It was not a horrible experience, but I will not return.

• Stayed: September 2005
7  Thank lmking_az
A TripAdvisor Member
Raleigh, NC
Reviewed 10 July 2005

I would not stay here again. The units were modular (not a real building) and very dated. They had not been renovated since they were installed--same carpets, decorating, etc. The rooms were not dirty but because of the age, they were very musty. I would not walk on the carpet without my shoes. There is not a lot of choice in the area however I would drive a little further and find an alternative.

• Stayed: July 2005
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 23 June 2005

Going to Bryce Canyon on a budget? Foster's Motel on Hwy 12 is a good choice. The rooms are clean and have everything you need but they're a little small. No pool, but with everything to do at the Canyon we didn't feel we needed one. The restaurant is just only okay but they have a general store and bakery we utilized day and night. Excellent fresh breads, banana bread, fruit, sandwiches, fried chicken, coffee, etc, all really necessary for hiking Bryce. Not far from entrance to Bryce. Saw no questionable-type clients or beer bottles etc. The nice maintenance man knows a lot about horse and trail rides.

4  Thank erminiver