Defiance House Lodge
Ticaboo Resort(Lake Powell)(Great Value!)
US$119
US$110
Agoda.com
US$368
US$322
  • Pool
The View Hotel(Monument Valley)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Restaurant
Firetree Bed & Breakfast(Monument Valley)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewslake powellfacing westshampoo and soapwi figlen canyoncan't beat the viewnice clean roomsgift shoppleasant stayfish lakeeasy accessdefiancemicrowavemileslodging
Reviewed 16 June 2012

We stayed here for one night prior to embarking our house boat. The room was dated and sub par - there were cigarette holes in the bedspread and the soap/lotion dispensers in the bathroom didn't work. They did have some disposable toothbrushes and toothpaste packets that were complimentary at the front desk and that was greatly appreciated since ours somehow did not get packed.
We ate twice in the restaurant (dinner and breakfast) and the food was tasty but service was very slow and the place was close to empty. We had a party of 12 and the entrees would come out randomly, spaced apart by 5 to 10 minutes.
My husband and I traveled with our children ages 10, 8, 6 and 6 and this was an OK place to stay for the night, especially since it was the only option. I would not ever consider a full vacation here. I have heard that the other side of the lake (Arizona, Wahweap marina) has much nicer resorts. I would go with that if you are not planning to camp or houseboat the lake.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Jilly6
Reviewed 12 June 2012

We have been visiting Powell since 1997, we used to rent houseboats but became to expensive and a lot of work, trying to get 10-12 people on the same page :) We started staying at Defiance about 5 years ago :) Its awesome to play on the Boat all day and be able to have a room and take a shower and have the AC on HIGH :) The Hotel rooms are clean and have nice linens & beds..And it has WiFi :) Nothing better then that :) yes if the restaurant was in my town I wouldn't go.. But its in the middle of NO where and has GREAT views and a GREAT staff and GREAT Pina Colada's .. So at the end of our HOT day on the lake it ROCKS.. We have been 5 times this year and can't wait to go back in 3 weeks :)

Room Tip: All room are VERY quite :) I preferred the up stairs rooms, just because I have been in Hotel's with people loud above me... I feel like the parking lot side ROCKS.. Its cheaper and the sun in the afternoon is not beating in like the so called view side lol
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Janet P
Reviewed 4 June 2012

During a very busy Memorial Day weekend, this hotel was clean, comfortable and quiet. Very few amenities, but you're there for fun on the lake. Restaurant was pretty good too. Had a great burger and the ribs were perfect.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank brucewiner
Reviewed 29 May 2012

This is an old property with apparent "DIY" efforts to fix it up with some pine boards and cheap tile, which results in "ok" or adaquate. The new minifridge door would catch on the cabinet enclosure. The floors are creaky, and the place needs a very through, professional cleaning, and professional renovation. The linens and bath were clean. There were "out of service" labels on the ice machine. The overall feel is a dorm or "company" lodge. BUT, for being in the middle of no-where, on Lake Powell, with great views, it is good. The food at the restaurant matches the lodge, so-so. Consider grilling your own steaks/burgers and enjoy the view! There is a wonderful "porch" with rocking chairs to enjoy sunset over the water! Yes, will stay again if a hotel is needed in Bullfrog!

Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 May 2012 via mobile

I will be changing my vacation plans to Bullfrog from now on. Defiant house couldn't be better! But stay away from Anasazi restaurant. Tiny portions that seem to be poorly put together using grocery store snack packs, at a hugely inflated price. Tried twice to give them another chance. Then ate at the gas station. :(

• Stayed: May 2012