“Stingy with the meat, some unfriendly staff” 3 of 5 bubbles

Got a photo?
Add it.
Costa Vida
Bountiful, Utah
“Stingy with the meat, some unfriendly staff”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

Food is good, but they are very stingy with the meat. The server who greeted us was not friendly at all, no smile -- nothing. It was like we were bothering her. She kind of stung the pork over the top of the rice for a salad. I asked if she could please put a little more meat on it and was promply told it would be extra. I okayed it, planning on complaining it about it at check-out -- just wanted to get past this unfriendly person! Also, she didn't wait for the ladle of pico de gallo to drain before slopping it over the lettuce so by the time we got back to work, the tortilla on the bottom was soggy.
Manager did agree to not charge me for the extra meat "this time." Cashier was very nice.

It's not a cheap place to eat either. Large salad, drink and $1.99 for a little extra meat was over $11 for a lunch!! Ridiculous!!

Have compated Costa Vida and Cafe Rio with friends, and we all agree that Costa Vida is more stingy with the meat. We like the taste and the convenient location though so we put up with a couple of rude staff members.

• Visited September 2013

Layton, Utah
“Bajio Grill/Layton, UT”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2012

They have some good food and are very fast.....the sadest thing that I see is that they use a measuring cup for the food. I've never seen that before at a Mexican Grill.....they could at least use a latel or large spoon! LOL It's just weird to see. I'd honestly rather go somewhere else....:(

Visited February 2012
centerville, utah
“very good, authentic mexican food; as well as atmosphere.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2010

I love the options, the food is so yummy. The price and portions are good. Everyone I have recomended this restaraunt to have loved it and have gone back many times. I love the atmoshphere, very warm and inviting, the people are friendly and as well are very quick to make your food, right in front of you. Very fun, cheap, and yummy place!!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Bajio, how I love you. Let me count the ways: 1. Chimichanga 2. Sweet Rice 3. Black Beans 4. Green Tomalito...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2008

Bajio, how I love you. Let me count the ways:
1. Chimichanga
2. Sweet Rice
3. Black Beans
4. Green Tomalito Sauce
5. Freshly grilled tortillas
6. Crushed ice in the soda fountain

Bajio is officially my favorite Mexican restaurant, hands down.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook