“gross bed bugs” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Clearfield
Flagstaff, Arizona
“gross bed bugs”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2011

after driving 14 hours we found this days inn near the freeway thinking it would be a decent place to sleep for the night, we were wrong; bed bugs, noisy appliances in the room, scary unsecure lock, do not stay here, shower didnt drain if it wasnt 3 in the morning i would have continued to search. very pricey for something that should be rented by the hour

Room Tip: stay somewhere else
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Manager04645, Manager at Days Inn Clearfield, responded to this review, 25 October 2011
While we have been in contact with this guest to address the concerns raised in this review, we wanted to assure TripAdvisor readers that we have not found any bed bugs at this property. The other concerns mentioned have been addressed and were isolated to this particular guest room. We regret that the reviewer’s experience was not up to her expectations and have apologized to her.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Clearfield, utah
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2011

Check your rooms folks. I had a really horrible experience there and hope that this gets out to many folks. All I want to for this review, at this hotel, to do is make sure that you understand that this hotel staff does not abide by their privacy policy. I am not going to say much as my privacy was violated.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Manager04645, General Manager at Days Inn Clearfield, responded to this review, 25 October 2011
Since this reviewer has chosen to remain anonymous and not provided many details, we have no way to address what caused them to feel that their privacy was violated. Perhaps the person could contact the manager at the property and discuss this. We would appreciate the opportunity to personally address these concerns and can assure the reviewer that all information will be held in confidence.
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2011

would nottttt stay here again- rude staff, the room had long hair all over it ( on the linens, in the bathroom, on the bed YUCK ) and when i mapped it , it said it was .5mi from where my other friends were staying to attend a wedding when in fact it was 2 exits farther north then where i needed to be. just horrible. hard to find location, not enough lighting and in a place you don't really know, you want to know you're safe it did not provide that warm fuzzy feeling at ALL. and the 'fitness' center is a joke! its a small closet of a room with a tredmill and a radio plugged into the wall, no windows, totally misleading.
upon checking in i was turned off by this place because the girl at the desk had suchhhhh an attitude, like i was bothering her? sorry! first and last experience staying here, and probably at any Days Inn in general.

Room Tip: don't stay here- spend the extra few bucks on a nicer hotel in general
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
Washington State
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2011

We've stayed here three times. We stay here only because the rate has been the lowest in the area, but the rate has climbed--we paid $80.00 with a AAA discount tonight for a room with two double beds--on the very firm side, no fridge or microwave and a tub that is clogged. The hotel has been awarded 5 sunshines by the Wyndham people, and I can't help but wonder what they use for criteria.

On the plus side, the decor is reaonably pleasant, there is free wifi and a desk to set your laptop, and breakfast is served--waffles and cereal. The front desk staff is helpful: when the tv didn't work properly, she came immediately to fix the problem. The lobby is nice with a few magazines to look through, the room is reasonably clean, except for the plugged up tub, there are several pillows on each bed, and the rooms are quiet with interior corridors.

I think the next time we come to this area to visit our friend, we will look more closely at other properties and maybe pay a bit more to get a room with a fridge. This is a very basic room and is ok for one night, but if you like a softer bed and a larger room, check around.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2011

My stay at this Days Inn was better than I expected. From the outside, it looked pretty run-down but once you get inside, it looked very nice! The room I received was very tidy and it made me feel at home. The hotel also served breakfast in the morning, which was very good. The only thing I would recommend is better pastries. The pastries seemed very cheap. But overall, I did enjoy my breakfast. The customer service I received from this young lady (Christy...I think her name was) was very professional. She helped me with everything I needed! I needed to check in early and she was willing to work with me and give me a room early! I appreciated everything she did for me that day. I will certainly come back to this hotel in the future!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
Dahlonega, GA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2011

It took us three room changes to find one that was clean. We were tired and took the third one. The heater had been left on high and the room was burning up. We had to leave the windows open on our ground floor room which was not comforting given what outside looked like. We talked to the manager who apologized but made no amends. The ceiling in the hall was stained.

The guy at the front desk was very nice and did his best to help.

• Stayed February 2011
San Antonio, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2010

We stayed here one night as a stopover between Vegas and Yellowstone. It was pretty quiet, room seemed reasonably clean and not too shabby, continental breakfast was well-stocked with the typical fare. Overall, we had no real complaints.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Schlauefrau
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clearfield
La Quinta Inn & Suites Salt Lake City Layton
Comfort Inn Salt Lake City / Layton
BEST WESTERN Plus Layton Park Hotel
BEST WESTERN PLUS High Country Inn
Hampton Inn Salt Lake City/Layton
Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City/Layton

Been to Days Inn Clearfield? Share your experiences!