“Prepare to leave full and satisfied”

Tepanyaki Japanese Steak House
Ranked #2 of 53 Restaurants in Clearfield
Cuisines: Japanese, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 24 August 2011

We took my in-laws out for an early dinner at Tepanyaki. We got there slightly after it opened (4:30pm) and didn't have to wait. I've been there later in the evening and there is about a 15-20 minute wait for a table.
The food is always excellent and cooked right at your table. Some have said its expensive but for the large portion size and quality it is well worth it. Their steak is always great as well as the salmon when I had it. I highly recommend ordering the noodles also.
We did get the quick offereing of the To Go box and they are very fast with the check. Just trying to keep things moving in my opinion. So don't plan on lingering around your table/cooking area.
This is one of my favorite places to eat!

Reviewed 4 August 2011

We came here for a birthday dinner. At first we thought the service was good, but a normally relaxed dinner felt very rushed. She served the salad right after we just got our soup and kept asking us if we were done with the salad and soup after only a few bites. The ultimate was asking us if we wanted Togo boxes while still eating our meal. The food quality was good but they need to be more aware of the pace of the meal.

I would recommend only with knowing how pushy they are.

Reviewed 1 May 2011

Awesome place for large groups/parties or anyone just looking for great food.

The prices are a little expensive, but worth it. The entrees come with soup and salad (both of which are great) before they begin cooking your meal, so your literally fed from the time you walk in 'til the time you leave.

It's entertaining (the show/performance that the chefs put on) and the food is consistently good. They offer chicken, steak, seafood, or combination entrees.

My only complaint is you have to order the "sides" (fried rice or noodles) extra, which just adds more money onto your bill. However, it's worth it because the noodles are fantastic and the fried rice is great as well.

Overall, a fun place for all occasions, and great for large groups (since the tables are huge).

1  Thank ChelseaUT
Reviewed 14 May 2010

This is a Japanese Steak House where they cook at your table. On the weekends plan on a wait. This plase is expensive for the area. Food and entertainments is always great here.

Reviewed 3 March 2010

There always seems to be a wait for the Japanese grill table seating. I've never had to wait for a seat at the sushi bar. The sushi is excellent with prompt service. Sushi is also great for take out. I've been going to this restaurant for years and have never been disappointed.