“Great!”
Review of Rancher Motel Cafe

Rancher Motel Cafe
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Delta
Rancher Motel Cafe
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Delta
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Best burger I ever ate! Husband had roast beef open face with mashed potatoes and gravy which he reported to be very good. Portions are big. Our waitress was so friendly and helpful. Decent prices too. Highly recommend.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Rancher Motel Cafe

Reviewed 13 November 2013

Not great, but not bad. Down home cooking and a lot of it. The staff are really great.
So if you are in the area, worth the stop. The place is very clean. The salad bar was well stocked and all items were fresh.

BUD CARTER

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BUDCARTER
Reviewed 25 July 2013

My second time through Delta and second time here (see June, 2011 review). Place has not changed; still basic accommodations at reasonable price. Outside looks worn, but the summer heat/sun does take its toll. Inside is clean and comfortable. Comfy bed; good TV; desk to lay out stuff and write on. Clean sink/shower. Each room appears to have its own medium sized water heater, so hot water was never a problem. Each room has a place to park, generally right out front. There is a table and 4 chairs outside the cafe along the driveway to the rooms in the back where you can find the 'good ol boys' sitting in the afternoon. Strike up a conversation with them; they are friendly and interesting, as are the folks in the cafe.
Note - I found out that the picture of the gentleman on the wall behind the cash register in the cafe is the man who started the place. Laura, the present owner, worked there when she was younger and took over when the original owner passed away. I met Laura's mother, Jen, when I had breakfast in the morning before leaving each time.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
8  Thank cj02139
Reviewed 12 July 2013

This place was just what you would expect from a small home town diner (It's a motel too but we just had breakfast there). Lots of local farmers having breakfast, nice portions and good old comfort food. The place is not fancy but the service was good as was the menu choices.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank coyotek
Reviewed 28 July 2012

Came here after a very long, tiring day of travel. Though the interior design doesn't shine, the establishment is clean and the service is great. Our waitresses were extremely friendly and was very on top of bringing refills for our drinks. The salad bar was fresh and tasty. The sandwiches and appetizers were hot and delicious. Portions were generous and price seemed reasonable. The only let down was the french fries that came as a side order to sandwiches and burgers; they are not crispy fries, but more of a long, limp piece of potato. This could just be the restaurant's particular type of fry or local preference, but we did not care for them.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank XxRedMoon666xX
Reviewed 3 July 2012

Came across this place on a road trip and although a bit tired and in need of an update we liked it.
As soon as we walked in conversation came to a halt- but soon started again. It was quite busy with lots of old men sitting on bar stools in baseball caps - every single male was wearing one!
Staff were friendly, food was good and there were some joke books on the table to browse while we waited.
Proper old time diner set among farmland in this small town.
Outside were two chairs and a little table with an overflowing ashtray where smokers could sit and have a smoke in the sun (which we did!). A few locals walked by and every one of them passed the time of day. Not often you get that in England these days!
So yes, I would say stop if you're passing. It may be old but it's clean and the food was tasty.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank susie114
Reviewed 6 December 2011

The Rancher Motel and Café in Delta, Utah was a small home town café that was connected to what seemed to be this tiny town’s only motel. Delta Utah is a small municipality located in north eastern Utah. It features a population a little upward of 3,200 and the wonderful and odiferous aroma of cow, horse, pig, sheep and other various livestock dung mixed with the sweet yet pungent smell of freshly milled hay. Settled in the early 1900’s, the town hasn’t changed much and neither has the good old country lifestyle that came with the times. Seated at the warped wooden picnic table placed outside the front door were two old and weathered cowboys; smoking their hand rolled cigarettes and chatting about a good day’s work. This town is country, and it is obvious!
After camping for five days in Moab, Utah and being on the road for four hours, a vegan finds herself viciously hungry and in dire need of satiation. After checking into our room, my parent, my son, and I made our way to the entrance of the café. As I crossed the threshold, my attention was brought to the shining silver plated wrap around bar that filled the middle of the restaurant. The bartender greeted us happily, asking how many were in our party and if we needed a high chair for the little one. We told her that there were three adults and we would definitely need a highchair for my son.
We were permitted to choose our table, so we picked one in a separate room adjacent to the main dining room and bar as to dampen the loud cheery noises that seem to emanate from the vocals of a one year old. We made our way to the table, and I noticed that this restaurant only provided booth seating. Although the seating was comfortable, I would have much preferred a table to the bright red booth seats because it is considered a fire safety issue to place a high chair at the end of a booth. Although this restaurant was child friendly, it was not up to par with current safety standards in regards to highchair placement. The walls of the café were somewhat bare although what little decorations were present radiated a very homey small town feel, and the quiet modern country music being played added much to the atmosphere. Although I am not a fan of the country life, I can appreciate that others find it a comfort, and this place would provide such coziness.
While we sat, waiting for our menus, we noticed a few books stacked on each table. The books were of silly small-town country humor and made for fun reading while we passed the time. The bartender brought us the menus, however, she had forgotten the high chair, and we had to go get it ourselves. Upon opening the café’s menu, I was immediately struck by a lack of vegan or even vegetarian options and was overwhelmed by the amount of meat entrees with meat side dishes, topped with meat condiments. Chicken fried steak with meat gravy and a side of bacon, chicken fried chicken with a side of bacon mixed with macaroni and cheese, chicken fried fish with gravy and a salad topped with bacon, sausage and eggs with pancakes or waffles were a few examples of what I was faced with. It seemed there would be nothing that I could eat!
Our waitress skipped on over to our table to procure our drink orders, ice waters to go around, and then swiftly hurried off to fill them. When she returned, I informed her of my dietary requirements and asked if I might alter my order a little so as to suit my needs. She sweetly replied that it was just fine. I ordered a BLT on rye bread without the bacon, adding extra veggies, and a side of French fries. Although they didn’t have a side dish of fruit that I may feed my son, she found a banana back in the kitchen that she gave to me for free. At first, my order didn’t come out correct, but she very quickly replaced it with the right entre. The food tasted great, if a little dry due to lack of mayonnaise as I cannot eat it, and was obviously made in house. The bread was fresh and still felt warm to the touch, the vegetables on the sandwich were fresh, crisp and filled with flavor, the French fries were still piping hot and salted to perfection, and our water glasses never emptied. The atmosphere was calm and quiet except for the screeching coming from my son as he happily squished his banana between his fingers. It was a peaceful and refreshing closing to an exhausting week of dry red desert sand and minimal water supplies.
As a vegan, I would not recommend this café to another vegan, however, to anyone else and especially meat lovers I would. This place is a real winner if you like country style comfort foods made fresh and at location. Over all, I would give this café a 4/5 stars only for the lack of vegetarian options. The food was of good quality, the atmosphere was comforting and the wait-staff were friendly and prompt. A few salads and sandwiches would do the menu a world of good and get them that fifth star, however, the experience was pleasant and if given the same circumstances, I would visit again in an instant.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family