“A Very Pleasant Experience”

Fairfield Inn Salt Lake City Draper
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Draper
Newport Beach, California
“A Very Pleasant Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2013

I am currently staying at the Fairfield Inn in Draper, UT for a ski vacation. I am using Marriott points for a 5 night stay. First, let me say how impressed I am with the staff at this location. They have been extremely courteous, helpful, and friendly. They are ready a willing to help with any questions / requests that you may have.

I am in a king room and it works very well. Now, there aren't any frills at the Fairfield Inn but the room does the job just fine. Comfortable bed, free internet, continental breakfast included, and complimentary coffee and tea.

The location is great for skiers who don't want to spend large amounts to stay on the mountain. I can easily access both Snowbird and Alta from this location.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
New Jersey,USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2013 via mobile

I stayed here recently with my husband. The location is great. So many stores and restaurants are nearby. It was a quick trip into Salt Lake City and up into the mountains to ski. The hotel had an excellent continental breakfast. While it wasn't a luxurious hotel, it was clean and had everything we needed. We would definitely return or recommend this hotel again.

Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a ski trip and really enjoyed the place. This hotel is a solid, budget hotel. The rooms and hotel have a somewhat modern decor, and it is all kept clean. The rooms are more spacious than many at the same price point. The staff is friendly and accommodating. There is an indoor hot tub/whirlpool for apres ski, which we loved. There is a coin-operated washer and dryer that is convenient for washing ski clothing layers. They have a free continental breakfast that is very good: danish, donuts, bagels, english muffins, fruit, great make-your-own belgium waffles with hot syrup, cold cereal, oatmeal (with toppings), yogurt, microwaveable breakfast sandwiches, coffee, tea, juice, etc. They also have a shuttle that can transport you locally. I also like that it is a hotel, meaning your hotel door leads to an interior hallway not the outside.

We were close to the stairwell though and did hear a good amount of noise when people trudged upstairs -- avoid a room near the stairwell. Also, even though it is near an interstate, we didn't hear any traffic noise. My only other small complaint is that they could stand to upgrade their bath towels -- they are quite thin.

The location is great, too. The Salt Lake City-area ski resorts are a short drive, and we even made one trip over to Park City. There a ton of restaurants and shopping in the area, too.

If you want a luxury hotel, this hotel will not satisfy you. However, if you want a nice, clean place to stay that is a step-above a lower-end budget motel, this place is a great choice.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lmpjcm
Edmonton
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2012

We stayed here September 27, 2012 and found the room to be very clean and spacious. The staff were friendly and helpful and our bed was very comfortable. It is close to the I15 but we didn't experience traffic noise in our room so were not disturbed. The bathroom sink and counter is outside the main bathroom which was very helpful. There is a stripmall within walking distrance adjacent to the parking lot and then more shopping across the street from that stripmall. There is also a movie theatre within walking distance although we didn't go there. The continental breakfast was great and we would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We had a main floor room and access to everything was easy.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Bogota, Colombia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2012

The only room left was the "suite". It was just a big room with a huge sex tub in the middle of it. There was no separate sitting area or anything, and the TV was about 25 away from the bed (it was a really big room, but really empty). There wasn't enough counter space for our things, and I thought it was a bit cheap that the bathroom wasn't totally separate -- even with my husband, I prefer to have a little privacy to primp and get ready. The tub was kind of dirty (soap scum), but also hilarious. This is clearly their "honeymoon" suite. I'd skip it and get a regular room. Other than our weird room, the location was good and the service was fine. A typical mid-range Marriott.

Room Tip: Skip the suite!!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2012

Next time I'm in the area, I will stay at the new Springhill only feet away.

When I checked in, they failed to mention that there was no elevator. I had two pieces of luggage and dinner in my hands. Had to make two trips up/down the stairs - not my idea of a Marriott.

The rooms feel a bit out-dated.

Two Pluses - the computer in the lobby is new and allows printing. Second plus is the bed - they have been upgraded.

Don't expect much.

Room Tip: Stay on the First Floor.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank seakobi
CAL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2012

Stayed 6 nights w/baseball team; clean, great breakfast even though said continental was much more, nices employees -very accommodating, even mailed items we left behind w/o charge! If we're ever in the area, would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Rms 133 and 135 apparently are larger because they extend out a little further than others; a couple...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Draper
SpringHill Suites Salt Lake City Draper
Comfort Inn Draper
Comfort Inn Draper
#4 of 6 in Draper
BEST WESTERN PLUS CottonTree Inn
Homewood Suites by Hilton Salt Lake City - Draper
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sandy
Hyatt House Salt Lake City/Sandy

Been to Fairfield Inn Salt Lake City Draper? Share your experiences!