“Great location, no complaints”

Fairfield Inn Salt Lake City Draper
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Draper
Reviewed 9 July 2013 via mobile

I stayed here on a business trip. The hotel is pretty standard and clean. The pool and spa were nice and in good shape. The location is great, surrounded by restaurants and a movie theater. I give the place a sure thumbs up for the price.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Paul C

Reviewed 7 May 2013

My wife and I were in the Salt Lake/Provo area to visit family. We stayed here and had a great time. The staff was friendly, the room was clean and good sized. It also had a few amenities like a microwave and a small refrigerator. It's location is right off of Highway 15 so access to Salt Lake is just a few minutes away, and so is south like Provo. We had to stay here because the hotels in Provo were all sold out. It took us about 25 minutes to get down to Provo city center. I'd guess about 10 - 15 for downtown Salt Lake. There's a really large shopping center/mall right next door, so if you want to walk to a restaurant or do some shopping it's right there. We also found a huge sporting goods retailer about a mile down the road, and spent some time there- really a cool place to visit if you're into any kind of sports.

I did have one small beef with the hotel- the TVs. The TV in our room would occasionally not connect to the cable feed. That was a bit frustrating as we didn't know if we should just keep turning the power off and on, or call the front desk. We did both- nothing big, as we didn't seem to watch much TV, and we certainly didn't miss anything, just a hassle.

I used the small exercise room- three brand new very nice treadmills, and one elliptical. There is a TV on each machine and one on the wall. None of them were working. They sent in someone to get the TV on the wall to work, but the TVs on the exercise machines weren't yet connected because they were so new. If that's important to you, you may want to call and see if they've fixed that now.

I'd stay there again! Nice property for a basic hotel, responsive and friendly staff, very clean inside and outside, and nice location. If you're looking for a hotel with free wifi, free hot/cold breakfast, clean basic rooms, free newspapers, professional responsive staff and is located next to I 15 with access north/south of SLC this is your place.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 April 2013

You can't go wrong with this hotel. Beds are comfortable, rooms clean, nice breakfast selection (room is small), the staff are friendly and the hotel is close to restaurants and shopping. If I had one suggestion the towels need to be updated. Overall, you can't go wrong with this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Elizabeth G
Reviewed 14 March 2013

This hotel is conveniently located, good breakfast, bathroom very small..good wifi checks all the boxes, indoor pool and walking distance to food and movie theatre. Traffic is very busy in this area, pillows not the best. Front desk staff average

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank dave s
Reviewed 1 March 2013

I am currently staying at the Fairfield Inn in Draper, UT for a ski vacation. I am using Marriott points for a 5 night stay. First, let me say how impressed I am with the staff at this location. They have been extremely courteous, helpful, and friendly. They are ready a willing to help with any questions / requests that you may have.

I am in a king room and it works very well. Now, there aren't any frills at the Fairfield Inn but the room does the job just fine. Comfortable bed, free internet, continental breakfast included, and complimentary coffee and tea.

The location is great for skiers who don't want to spend large amounts to stay on the mountain. I can easily access both Snowbird and Alta from this location.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 February 2013

I stayed here recently with my husband. The location is great. So many stores and restaurants are nearby. It was a quick trip into Salt Lake City and up into the mountains to ski. The hotel had an excellent continental breakfast. While it wasn't a luxurious hotel, it was clean and had everything we needed. We would definitely return or recommend this hotel again.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 January 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a ski trip and really enjoyed the place. This hotel is a solid, budget hotel. The rooms and hotel have a somewhat modern decor, and it is all kept clean. The rooms are more spacious than many at the same price point. The staff is friendly and accommodating. There is an indoor hot tub/whirlpool for apres ski, which we loved. There is a coin-operated washer and dryer that is convenient for washing ski clothing layers. They have a free continental breakfast that is very good: danish, donuts, bagels, english muffins, fruit, great make-your-own belgium waffles with hot syrup, cold cereal, oatmeal (with toppings), yogurt, microwaveable breakfast sandwiches, coffee, tea, juice, etc. They also have a shuttle that can transport you locally. I also like that it is a hotel, meaning your hotel door leads to an interior hallway not the outside.

We were close to the stairwell though and did hear a good amount of noise when people trudged upstairs -- avoid a room near the stairwell. Also, even though it is near an interstate, we didn't hear any traffic noise. My only other small complaint is that they could stand to upgrade their bath towels -- they are quite thin.

The location is great, too. The Salt Lake City-area ski resorts are a short drive, and we even made one trip over to Park City. There a ton of restaurants and shopping in the area, too.

If you want a luxury hotel, this hotel will not satisfy you. However, if you want a nice, clean place to stay that is a step-above a lower-end budget motel, this place is a great choice.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lmpjcm
Also consider these accommodations in or near Draper
0 mi away
#4 of 6 in Draper
Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City / Sandy
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sandy
Best Western Plus Cottontree Inn

Been to Fairfield Inn Salt Lake City Draper? Share your experiences!