“Huge Portions - as always”
Review of La Hacienda

La Hacienda
Ranked #5 of 143 Restaurants in Draper
Cuisines: Mexican
Sandy, Utah
“Huge Portions - as always”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I had the smothered burritos with onions. Two large bean and pork burritos covered with cheese, onions and chili verde served with rice and beans. Very good. Haven't had a bad meal there ever.

• Visited May 2014

Draper, Utah, USA
“Great Food !!”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

My favorite Mexican place in Draper. Good Food and reasonable prices, and you can even get a good margarita :)

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Leslie C
Draper, Utah
“Not your standard Mexican”
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Always very busy but waits are not long and it is worth the wait. They have the standard Mexican fare we have become used to in the States, but the flavors are better and the presentation is very good. Service is pleasant and prices are more than fair and you can get a Margarita which is a plus!

• Visited October 2013
Utah
“Where's the Chips?”
Reviewed 31 October 2013

First off, when it comes to choosing a Mexican restaurant, a big part of my decision is based on the chips and salsa! :) I don't think it's a good practice for any restaurant to be skimpy on the chips and salsa, or to charge extra for an additional bowl of it. However, if they are going to charge extra for it then the first bowl of chips should be large enough to easily share between 2 people. The problem I had is that we were never offered another bowl of chips, even for a price, and I fully intended to pay the 50 cents. I assume our waiter didn't offer us more chips because he was uncomfortable with their practice and wanted to avoid the issue all together because, other than that, he was a good/attentive waiter.

For dinner, I got the shredded beef chimichanga. It was pretty good. It wasn't exactly what I was expecting, but I didn't really read the menu. I was surprised it had beans and some queso in it-- it was good once I got used to the idea. The shredded meat was good, just wished there was more of it. I thought their rice and beans were good. This may not have been the "Best Mexican in Utah" but it was a step up from Del Taco or Taco Bell. I personally would have been happier if they were more generous with the chips and salsa. Hope they figure that out soon.

P.S.- My husband got the Carne Asada and it was good. My son had the chicken burrito--and the shredded chicken in the burrito was tasty and looked more generous than the chimichanga.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Esteph55
Salt Lake City, Utah
“great place to watch a game”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Great place to watch a soccer game and enjoy good food, they have great tacos and the people are very friendly, tvs are nice, if you ask them they will switch the channel to a game

Visited September 2013