“What a find!”
Review of Food For Thought

Food For Thought
Ranked #22 of 152 Restaurants in Draper
Reviewed 22 February 2013

I have heard people talk about this place for several years but today was the first time I had the opportunity to visit. A group of us girls (okay, women) met here to celebrate a friend's birthday. This place was just perfect for that and I imagine there were other groups of women there doing the same thing. If you are looking for fast-food, this isn't your place. This bakery/restaurant moves to a slower pace. I didn't mind it at all, but I wasn't in a hurry. We took our time eating and visiting with each other and didn't feel rushed. The food all looked great! The other reviews were accurate--the food was fresh and delicious. I don't believe you can go wrong here, everything looked good to me! I had the Executive Lunch that included a soft drink, biscuit, any half Signature Salad and a choice of quiche, cup of soup, or half sandwich, and one of their mini desserts like a brownie or lemon bar. ($13.95) I felt like that was a pretty good value and I enjoyed the variety. I got the Chinese Chicken Salad and I loved it! I will be torn next time whether I want to get the full salad or a half salad with soup or a half sandwich! This time I went with the tomato soup and I thought it was very good. Enjoyed the biscuit that came with the meal. Loved the lemon bar--it was big enough to share. This would be a great place to get together with friends or to take your mom! Thanks for the great lunch! I'll be back! :) Their breakfast sounds really good too.

Note: Open Mon.-Sat. from 9am-4pm.

2  Thank Esteph55

Reviewed 2 October 2012

What a hidden gem in the sea of Draper fast foods and chain restaurants. The owner are the managers of this quaint out of the mainstream cafe. A visit here will renew your faith that there really are decent and original eating establishments in Draper. The food was excellent and the friendliness of the staff added to the relaxing meal experience. The menu is a little limited but with food this good almost any dish can be selected with confidence. Breakfast or lunch is an adventure.

1  Thank charliecamel2363
Reviewed 2 July 2008

We LOVE Food for Thought. It is housed in an old house with renovations are ongoing . . .The soups, salads, sandwiches, etc. are all freshly made and well worth the trip to this out of the way place. They also have candies, desserts, quiches, etc. and other seasonal dishes, and also, recently opened for breakfast (I have yet to try breakfast). Don't miss an afternoon for lunch at the FFT, you won't regret it!

Say Hi to Teresa, the best restaurant manager I've enjoyed knowing. Sometimes the owners are there as well.

2  Thank lacasaturner
Reviewed 19 June 2008

Food For Thought is a hidden gem in Draper, UT with great soups, salads, sandwiches and desserts. The little house is very welcoming and the food is comforting, but the bread and biscuits are even better. It seems that this is one of very few places left that takes such pride in their dishes.

1  Thank travelandeateateat
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed 28 January 2008

Their Veggi sandwich with hummus is to die for! really love this place!

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook