The Pinewoods Resort was probably charming and quaint 10 or 15 years ago. This is not, in my opinion, a "resort". Now it's just dilapidated and in desperate need of updating. The manager has been there 26 years. This place needs a fresh pair of eyes to see the many issues, most of which are simple fixes, plaguing it. My biggest gripe is about the housekeeping staff who every time they passed our two open windows would peer inside. (We had to keep the windows and blinds open most of the time because there is no A/C and the rooms were uncomfortably warm) They also told my wife it was OK to rinse our dog off in the campground shower, then went to the manager to complain about it. (I walked in on the conversation)
I didn't even know who they were for the first day because like most of the staff they do not wear name tags or have any kind of defining clothing. Theses were two young ladys who were always together and often spoke chinese to each other in the presence of guests.
The old, stained, scratched furniture was oddly placed in the dark living room. There is peeling, moldy wallpaper and flooring in the small bathroom which had a broken door lock and a tub that filled to your ankles after just 60 seconds of showering. I don't like showering while standing in 6 inches of my own filth and water. The tiny kitchen was supplied with the the barest of utensils, and despite the filthy oven, (See pics) there were no baking dishes, cookie sheets or the like. We had to make our own baking sheets out of aluminum foil that we brought.The flooring under the kitchen table buckles and dips so much so, that it made it very uncomfortable to have meals there. It really is that bad! We had 4 smokers and drinkers next door who one day stood in front of their door and smoked and drank and cursed for about 6 hours straight! Really, non stop! And of course we had the windows open because of the heat, so the smoke and bad language poured into our windows. It was awful! The "Game Room", with broken vending machines, games and equipment could be so much better. The Free breakfast was standard fare and staff watched the guests like hawks to see how much they were taking, which made it uncomfortable. We took our food to our room.
Disappointed over all, won't be back unless significant changes are made.
So much potential, what a shame.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pinewoods Resort offers the best Bryce Canyon Area Lodging. Choose from Motel Rooms, Lodge and Inn Suites, Mountain Homes, and RV Park Campground. Located on Highway 14 in the heart of Utah Color Country. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ebookers and Expedia so you can book your Pinewoods Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pinewoods Hotel Duck Creek Village
- Pinewoods Resort Duck Creek Village, Utah