“Beautiful area, below average "resort", more like a motel”
Review of Pinewoods Resort

Pinewoods Resort
Reviewed 4 October 2009

The best thing I can say about the Pinewood is the surrounding area of the Dixie National Forest is BEAUTIFUL. However, the "resort" itself had small (I mean leave you luggage in the car small) rooms and only cleans the rooms 1/week! What? Yes. That said, it is centrally located if you want to hit up Bryce and Zion without having to relocate. It is about 1 hour to Bryce and 1 1/2 to Zion. If you end up in the area and want GREAT eats, head down to Hatch and try the Adobe.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CRG-SF

Reviewed 4 August 2009

We had a pleasant stay. We stayed in the motel and we received a reasonable rate. Our stay was for three nights. We had no trouble at all getting our AAA discount. We had two meals in their restaurant and eating there. They were out of my first choice of a T-bone steak, but I still enjoyed my New York strip steak and it was also less money. We would have liked to have had a ceiling fan in our room because it did get a little warm in there after we returned from touring around the area. We made do by opening up the window
Our room and bedding were clean. There was a small fridge and a microwave in our room. No, this place is not the Ritz, but we thought we got our moneys worth.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 February 2009

"Resort"?

Ha!

This place is the biggest dump we have ever stayed at in our entire lives. Anywhere. In the world. Including 3rd-world bungalows in S/E Asia.

Here's an itemized list of how wrong this place is:

--Blood and dog hair all over the bed (in the sheets and on blanket) when we arrived.
--Phenomenally disgusting jacuzzi that is coated in a thick, heavy ring of dead skin.
--60% dead light bulbs in our cabin.
--Broken door handle and lock. (took the staff 2 days to fix)
--20+ year old linoleum flooring that is peeling off everywhere.
--Broken blinds.
--Stove that does not work. (very hard to cook food with no stove)
--Paper thin walls.
--Cold shower. (ice cold--no joke. & staff did not fix it for 2 days)
--Broken shelves and coat pegs throughout cabin.
--P.O.S. snowmobiles that break down frequently. (want to get stranded miles form home in the middle of a snowstorm?!)
--Thoroughly incompetent & rude staff that could care less about addressing any of the many, many, many problems with this place.

Too top it off, after promising refunds for the problems, they overcharged our credit card with fraudulent charges!

Check out Meadow View Lodge instead--they are 100% cleaner, bigger, more professional and polite. We tried to leave Pinewoods for MVl, but MVL was full. Next time. . .

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with family
4  Thank LMAZUSA
Reviewed 12 September 2008

The setting is lovely. We got there late and the staff had made arrangements so that we would have a key, which was nice.
We had a two bedroom suite, roomy, if a little worn. Neither of the lights in the bathroom worked. A peg in the bathroom to hang your stuff was falling off. In fact the place was a little shoddy, particularly for the price.
Since there was no one in the office, we made do. Took a light from another fixture, stood on a chair and changed the light. But you would think that whoever cleaned would also make sure everything was working.
The bedrooms are upstairs. The bath down. And the stair well is fairly steep, with no good rail for the first four or five steps. This is fine for young folks, but one of our group had recently broken her leg and the climb for her was dangerous.
Then to add insult to an already disappointing stay, the manager refused to give us an AAA discount. I'm not sure why -- but they had put through the credit card charge before we arrived and would not redo it. I even got their number from my AAA book.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with friends
1  Thank NebSenior
Reviewed 4 July 2008

My husband and I (seniors) stayed at Pinewoods Resort for two nights and it was wonderful! We stayed in one of the rooms in The Inn. It was very clean and nicely decorated. We had a fully-equipped kitchen (which we didn't use) and the master bdrm was in the loft upstairs. The bed was very comfortable and it was quiet at night. They have a huge selection of DVD movies in the hotel lobby if you want to watch a video in the evening. The dinner meal in their restaurant is pricey and average. The people who work in the hotel and in the restaurant are very friendly. We did not indulge in the activities but were told they have a 'private' spa. We will go back as we thoroughly enjoyed Pinewoods. Be aware that some people can have altitude problems (nosebleed, sinusitis) but that has nothing to do with the resort; same condition at Bryce Canyon due to the altitude.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 March 2008

Honestly, the review by Trippsonme surprised me. We have stayed at Pinewoods twice and both times have been treated extremely well. The rooms are like little cabins, very clean, with full kitchens and all cooking supplies. Rooms can get very warm due to the heating system but it's really not a problem as the weather can be very cold in the winter. Our room couldn't have been cleaner and I have never slept in a more comfortable bed in any hotel anywhere.

Some people might have a problem with the fact that they do not make up your room every day; that is left up to you, but they do bring clean towels every other day (I think that's the schedule). Staff is warm and friendly.

Food in the restaurant is above average, especially the soups, and alcohol is served. The hotel is very quiet except for the occasional snowmobile during the day, and the location is just gorgeous.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 December 2007

Pinewoods is the Worst place that I have ever been in. When I arrived, I was given a Dirty Room. The bed was covered in Mud and Mud all over the Bathroom and Carpet. They told me that the Room was just cleaned that morning. I asked if it was possible to get another Room that was cleaned or have my Room cleaned and I was told that they did not have enough Staff to do it and that there was not anymore clean rooms available. They gave me a Vacume and clean Linen and told me if I needed it done, I would have to do it myself. I asked to speak to the Manager and was told that he was out of town and there was 'No One around to take Care of the Problem" They told me to enjoy Dinner on them and even that was Bad. Burnt Food is not my version of good or even moderate food. I can tollerate alot of things but a Muddy bed is not one of them. I will NEVER go to that place again. I would not even recomend it to my worst enemy

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled as a couple
Best Western East Zion Thunderbird Lodge
Color Country Motel
Color Country Motel
#4 of 14 in Panguitch

Been to Pinewoods Resort? Share your experiences!