We stayed in a 1 bedroom unit (all the motel units were full) and immediately felt at home. Woodsy feel, but clear they have been updating everything. Kitchen was up to date, brand new sink and faucets, full size refrigerator, etc. Comfortable couches and beds. Enugh light to read by at night. Very friendly staff. New faucets, etc. in bath room (tho' they need to finish replacing the shower faucets and spot clean the dining chairs in our unit).
Staff was very helpful when we wanted to find a motor boat tour.
Best part is the food. Portions are huge, quality is high. At breakfast they served homemade jam which was just the best I've ever had (also sold in jars), my cheese and mushroom omelette must have had a full cup of fresh mushrooms.
Flaming Gorge itself is beautiful - especially the Dowd Mt and other overlooks, and the drive thru Sheep Creek route is incredible.
I want to go back and especially to stay at this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Flaming Gorge Resort offers the best options for Lodging and Accommodations around Flaming Gorge Reservoir, Green River Fly Fishing, Fly Fishing Guides, River Rafting and many more amazing activities in the local area surrounding Dutch John, Utah. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Flaming Gorge Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Flaming Gorge Hotel Dutch John
- Flaming Gorge Lodge
- Flaming Gorge Resort Utah/Dutch John