The Inn of Escalante
  • Pool
US$145
US$123
US$113
Grand Staircase Inn(Cannonville)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$135
US$124
  • Free Internet
Circle D Motel(Escalante)
All reviewsthe main housemelonthe ownercomfy roomfrittatabed and breakfasthidden treasureahead of timeafter a long dayquiet placesurrounding areatommuralsskylighthorsesthemehiking
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Our room was very nice, the beds were comfortable and the air conditioner worked well. The shower head was definitely low flow but adequate. Tom served an very good breakfast and we enjoyed visiting with other travelers. The pizza place across the street that was recommended by Tom for dinner was also very good.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We stayed 3 nights as a long weekend getaway. We were looking for a place on very short notice and this was the only vacancy in the area. The rooms were very large and comfortable, especially the beds. Tom gave great advise on what to do in the area and we pretty much let him plan our days for us. If we had stayed in a hotel we wouldn't have had such expert advise and as great a time.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 May 2014

A perfectly clean, comfortable "B&B" (2 separate buildings, 4 units each) with a nice breakfast in the main building, cooked by your host Tom. However, if you enjoy a cup of coffee in the morning be aware that Tom doles it out by time frame. Rather than make a couple pots to store in the numerous carafes visible on the sideboard, he waits to make a pot when you show up and ask for some. If he is busy with breakfast he will not stop to make you any. I understand specific seating times for breakfast, and the inability to interrupt breakfast with coffee-making. What I don't understand is why it is not serve-yourself coffee from a carafe that was filled before any breakfast cooking began! A great place, but why be stingy with the coffee?
Tom did give us a great tip while making our reservation by phone . . . drive 14 miles down the Old Burr Trail for beautiful up close hoodoos!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Ontheroadsince64
EGSBNB, Owner at The Inn of Escalante, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

When I check-in my guests I explain to them that I USE to have 4-cup coffee makers in the rooms but I have tasted better swamp water than that coffee. I explain to my guests that from @6:30 on I will make all the coffee they would like. All I ask is that if they are eating at the later breakfast please do not come up from @7:10 until @7:40 so I can get the earlier breakfast eaters all set. I have explained to my guests that I have made coffee for those early risers and have it all set BUT I have had a LOT of the I will be up at 6 and show up at 7:30 coffee drinkers so I now make it fresh, while they are there. I have been doing this for @4-years now and 99% of the people like it. Once again I run my B&B on customer suggestions. They like the fresh, out of the pot coffee with cream, sugar, milk etc...

Reviewed 30 November 2013

We stopped in Escalante on the way to Bryce canyon, and found this nice B&B.
Large and clean rooms, and very good breakfast.
The owner has suggested us to explore the slot canyons, telling us how to get there, which way to walk, time of the day; everything spot on.
Good hints about where to eat in town, actually the Outfitters, just the opposite corner.
Recommended.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank besyta
Reviewed 6 October 2013

My husband and I stayed for two nights in mid-September. The B&B is located in town. When we arrived in town we didn't see it from the main street as we passed by, and ended up going through town and turning back. It's located next to the Wells Fargo bank - just like they say in their website ;) The building is all ground level, all the rooms are in a row like a small motel. There are no stairs or steps. There are two chairs outside the entrance of the room so you can sit and relax with a view into the garden area and a small farm with a couple of horses. Even though it's an in-town location, it's private and quiet. It's near restaurants and shops that you can walk or drive to.

We stayed in the Earth room which is an end unit. The room is very big, and so is the bathroom. The decor is unique with the mural painted on the wall, and homey with the log furniture. The bed is very comfortable-we slept well. There is wi-fi internet access, but it was spotty.

The breakfast was very good. I'm not sure of the name of Tom's recipes, but the first day we had eggs with sauted peppers and onion, and homemade chocolate chip muffins. The next day we had parmesan eggs with an apple compote french toast.

We will definitely stay again when we pass through the area next time. Maybe we'll stay for more than two nights.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
EGSBNB, Owner at The Inn of Escalante, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

I really wish T.A. would say who writes the reviews. That would be so helpful in my replies. I do want to thank theses, and any/all, guests who writes reviews as it helps me improve.
About the only thing I can comment on is the Internet. The phone company replaced some "switches" a few weeks ago and we are having nothing but trouble with the Internet. They have come by and reset things but to no avail. I know how important it is, in this day and age, for the internet to work to keep in touch. I have made calls to the phone company to even replace the system if need be.
Once again thanks for the great review.