“RV's - Here's the place in Escalante!”

Canyons of Escalante RV Park
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Escalante
Canyons of Escalante RV Park
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Level gravel sites, easy pull-throughs. On-site laundromat. On UT-12, but road noise was almost non-existent. (Important to us country boys..). We didn't plan to stay in Escalante as we had reservations at National Parks, but the government shutdown locked us out of the parks. Someone suggested this as an alternative, and what a great one it was. Andre, the manager, was exceptionally helpful when asked about local attractions. He has file folders with nice maps showing distances to local attractions like Devil's Garden, Dry Fork Wash and slot canyons + many other destinations. Be sure to ask him, he's an excellent source of information! Great restaurant next door with exceptional smoked pork, ribs, beef brisket specialties. Indulge!! I'd stay here again - no question... Note that we don’t carry a TV around so no cable service is necessary nor could I assess access. We use the fifth-wheel primarily to have a comfortable place to sleep, a toilet and shower that don’t offer surprises, and someplace to store food. Other than that, we live outside!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Shoe51

Reviewed 11 October 2013

My hiking buddy and I stayed in one of their cabins for 4 nights. The owners were very friendly and accomdating. The shower and bathrooms were VERY CLEAN and worked well. Our cabin was cozy and we were supplied with a portable heater and extra blankets which came in handy. My only complaint was my mattress needed to be replaced. It really sagged. My friend's was fine. The owner said they were in the process of replacing worn mattresses. There isn't much of a view but you can also walk to anything in town and their is an excellent restaurant next door.

Room Tip: Check the mattress first.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 August 2013

We stayed in a cabin here, and it was really nice. Warm, clean, extra blankets if needed, and a firepit outside. Laundry and shower facilities were very very clean and updated, I was pleasantly surprised; I was actually going to forego showering here, but my friend tried the shower and convinced me otherwise- I'm glad she did ! It was comfortable and refreshing. When traveling through Escalante again, this will be my go-to. It's a great value, and a nice environment !

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank BykeRyde
Reviewed 21 May 2013

We stayed 4 nights in the RV park. Many improvements are obviously being made by the new owners. They were very helpful and nice people. The park is somewhat over-priced but there are really no other good parks nearby. The RV spaces are very small and there was no shade or picnic table or anything except full hook-ups. The park was quiet and within easy walking distance of everything in Escalante. The restrooms, showers and laundry room were nice and new. They do have some basic RV supplies for sale.

Room Tip: Select your site - some are better than others as far as shade and location
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple