“Eh...it was alright.”

8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Eh...it was alright.”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Growing up going to Cedar Point every summer, I didn't expect greatness at Lagoon. However, it had some great things about it. The size of the park is not overwhelming, it's easy to maneuver and little legs can handle it. My kids (ages 8 and 11) were able to ride everything. The price was decent. Lines were very short (20 minutes max). That being said, there were a few things that were not so great; overall uncleanliness, we stepped in vomit, bathrooms were ignored, staff seemed inexperienced and slow, the animals in the "zoo" were in very small depressing cages. Our family talked about rescuing the animals. Our biggest complaint was that we weren't allowed to go barefoot on water rides, therefore, we sloshed around for the rest of our time. But in retrospect, given the uncleanliness of the place, it may have been a good thing. Anyway, we will probably go back again, I will just stock up on Purell and wet wipes. Also, will research proper cage size for lions and tigers...

1 Thank Heidi B

• Thai first
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“PLEASE READ!! Dirty, Rude Staff, Unsafe!!”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

**My kids got Hand, Foot, Mouth Disease after visiting this park. Staff were rude throughout the park, I Almost fell out of their Wicked Roller coaster because staff did not check my restraint correctly, NOT ADA friendly, animals were in sad condition, but the WORST was the FILTH. There was throw up, all over rides, my kids sat in it on many occasions, after going through the log ride my childrens clothes smelled like feces and the bathrooms and park were disgusting. We went down from Boise for 2 days and 3 days after returning my oldest (16) came down with hand. foot, mouth disease. Their clothes smelled of vomit and feces that they took to Lagoon & they never were sick.I have been to amusement parks all over the country and this one was hands down the worst EVER! Will NEVER return & if this can help any other family not get sick & make a choice to go somewhere else on vacation...then it was worth the time leaving a review!

10 Thank Allison J
Salt Lake City, Utah
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Great fun!”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

My sister and I took our seven children ages 4 to 8 and had a ball! The younger children loved the rides in Kiddieland, and the older ones who were tall enough to ride all the rollercoasters did just that. My sister's and my favorite part was the musical show; the performers were enthusiastic and talented. We were there all day (10:30 am - 8:00 pm) and still didn't have time to do everything, so chances are that we'll take advantage of the Bounceback deal and return within the next 10 days to enjoy the waterpark and some of the other attractions we missed.

Syracuse, Utah
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Depends on where your coming from.”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Looking at the reviews on this page are some what "ridiculous" Lagoon is a great park! They offer over 50 rides which is more than any other park that is only 121 acres. They have nine roller coasters, yes they arent like what you would find at a Six flags or Cedar Point but they are very good for the price you pay for a single day ($48.95). Now i have a season pass which was $110 but you go twice and it's already paid for I have gone probably 30 times already and every time I go I have a great time! If you live locally I really recommend a season pass. They are working on a new coaster called "Cannibal" which will exceed 200 feet and have 4 inversions and will max speed at 75 MPH which is dang good for a coaster, Lagoon is almost 130 years old the park looks AMAZING for being that old! Yes, some of the staff are from Russia and the cultural differences do affect their attitude but it's not a big problem.
Food: The food is what you will find at any theme park! prices ranging from $2.00-$10.00 same prices anywhere else!
Business: Since Lagoon is the only amusement park in Utah it tends to be crowded people come from all over the state. I recommend coming on a Monday or Tuesday those are the least busiest days and sunday of course because its Utah and everyone is LDS. But on weekends the park could reach capacity on Saturday. But that's rare. On a busy day there are around 20,000 visitors. Which is a lot for the size.
Rides: There are over 15 rides for the younglings. and over 30 rides for the "older" Wicked is fantastic, so is Colossus and Spider. Lagoon also holds 2 records! The first ever LSM launch system which is in Wicked. And the first ever spinning coaster the Spider which is really fun!

Coaster speeds:
Wicked 55 MPH
Colossus 55 MPH
Wooden Roller coaster 45 MPH (built in 1920)
Spider 38 MPH
Wild Mouse 28 MPH
Bombora 31 MPH
Puff the magic dragon 13 MPH
Jet Star 2 45 MPH
The Bat 25 MPH
Also a really fun ride is "The rocket" has two 217 ft towers that either shoots you up at 4gs or freefall at 60 MPH!

If you are visiting out of state i really prefer you to come to Lagoon! I have been to Cedar point who is the LARGEST amusment park in the World! and went on incredible rides but Lagoon is just as fun! Bring the whole family its great!
Waterpark: LagunaBeach is really fun as well highly suggest checking it out while visiting and it comes with your purchase for the day! So for about $50 you get fun rides and a fun waterpark for 12 hours! Better than anywhere else!

Discounts: Coke cans, Costco, KSL, Ebay, JiffyLube, Pepsi cans

Trust me you will have a blast!

Visited March 2014
3 Thank Logan C
Tucson, Arizona
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Family fun!”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We had read the reviews on Trip Advisor. So did not have great expectations about Lagoon. But we were pleasantly surprised. Our kids aged 5 and 14 (BOTH had fun!). Agree, the entrance fee is a bit expensive. But the family had great fun! So no regrets!!