“Had a great time!!”

8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Had a great time!!”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

This was our first time at Lagoon. 2 adults and 3 kids: 13, 10 and 8. We used a coke can and saved $6/ticket I believe. We rode everything, laughed and had fun all day. Did not see any vomit or feces anywhere!! We really loved the shade trees everywhere. Yes, it is an older park, but we knew that going in. We are Disney parks lovers, we just went to Disneyland in early June. My husband and I are returning to WDW at the end of August for an anniversary. We have been going to WDW every year for awhile now. Yes, we compare to Disney, but in a teasing way. People need to lighten up and just try to have fun. We did the Bounce back offer which was validating our tickets before leaving the park then we could return up to10 days later I believe for $12/person. We returned 2 days later and hit the waterpark. That was also fun. we decided to ride Rattle snake rapids this day as it didn't matter if we got wet. And boy did we! This turned out to be a favorite ride! Food is somewhat overpriced but that is ALL amusement parks. The only thing we didn't care for was the lockers at some of the rides. It seemed a bit of a pain. We agree with a previous poster who said you should be able to just put your bag on the other side of the ride and then retrieve it when done. Oh well, it didn't ruin our day. Most employees we encountered were pleasant. We liked it enough to maybe return someday. They had plenty of rides to keep everyone happy. All in all, a very fun experience!!

2 Thank BellaBaby

• Thai first
Salt Lake City
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Overpriced And Disorganized”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

My husband and I received two free day passes and two coupons for dinner, so for that I am grateful, however, you end up getting nickled and dimed every step of the way once in the park. The day passes are normally around $50 for adults (our child was free being in the under two category), and we had to pay $10 to park. At the ticketing area, the attendants took our tickets, saw we had a toddler, but didn't inform us that if he wanted to go on any kids rides, we would have to buy him separate tickets (we later had to find that out after standing in line for twenty minutes at the Baby Boats), and they didn't offer us a map or really say much at all. Being 8 months pregnant, I was feeling thirsty and a bit nauseous upon entering. I asked a girl at a cotton candy stand if there was somewhere close by to find a snack without sugar (pretzel, etc.); she looked at me blankly. After we finally found something, we paid $10.68 for some soggy fries and two sodas. The amusement park area was very chaotic and disorganized. The bathrooms were rundown and dirty. The saving grace of the park was the water park area. However, you have to pay $6 for a locker and $5 per tube. All said and done, if we hadn't had free day passes and meal tickets, we would have easily paid $200 for our experience. You're better off visiting the crystal hot springs for $5 a person.

7 Thank Brock R
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Better than expected”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We spent 3 days at the Lagoon campgrounds. The campsite was very clean and spacious with lots of shade trees. After looking at some of the negative revues the park received it was obvious they didn't have anything to compare to; i.e. Six Flags Chicago were you are patted down and treated like a gang member/criminal. Lagoon was a breadth of fresh air...no pat down, very friendly, lots of shade trees and very clean. My wife and I brought 3 grand kids who all had a great time spending the entire day at the park. Also, the RV park is located next to the amusement park which has exit gates from the the amusement park into the RV park (our RV was 50 feet from the gate) GREAT TIME

2 Thank Denise S
Ogden, Utah
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“great family reunion event”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

You should start by riding the samurai then walk over to the rocket. Next, ride the jetstar2 followed by the spider, wicked, the swings, and Colossus: The Fire Dragon. Finish at rattle snake rapids.

also, ride through the haunted mansion. it is a lot of fun with a surprise ending.

$40 a person is expensive, but there is a lot of rides to have fun.

i was disappointed that tidal wave was working.

1 Thank davepamn
Green River, Wyoming
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Eh...it was alright.”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Growing up going to Cedar Point every summer, I didn't expect greatness at Lagoon. However, it had some great things about it. The size of the park is not overwhelming, it's easy to maneuver and little legs can handle it. My kids (ages 8 and 11) were able to ride everything. The price was decent. Lines were very short (20 minutes max). That being said, there were a few things that were not so great; overall uncleanliness, we stepped in vomit, bathrooms were ignored, staff seemed inexperienced and slow, the animals in the "zoo" were in very small depressing cages. Our family talked about rescuing the animals. Our biggest complaint was that we weren't allowed to go barefoot on water rides, therefore, we sloshed around for the rest of our time. But in retrospect, given the uncleanliness of the place, it may have been a good thing. Anyway, we will probably go back again, I will just stock up on Purell and wet wipes. Also, will research proper cage size for lions and tigers...

1 Thank Heidi B