“Dangerous place to stay”

Best Western Paradise Inn & Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Fillmore
“Dangerous place to stay”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We were awaken at 12:30 AM by people trying to get in to our room. We saw them through the peep hole. Since we are over 70 and didn't think a confrontation was wise, we called the front office. The response was "what do you want me to do". I suggested she call the police. I called back a few minutes later and she had confronted them and told me they were young people who were lost. To me that makes NO SENSE and the police should have been called. It was a very poor choice on the manager's part and could have been a dangerous situation.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank 218davea
Scott L, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Paradise Inn & Resort, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Thank you for staying with us. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations.

I regret that the Desk clerk didn't respond to your concerns in a more professional manner. She is fairly new and hasn't had much experience with problems like this. She did check and found that the people that came to your door were guests from another room that had gotten confused about their Room number and came to yours by mistake. Since she knew that they were regular customers she didn't feel like they were a threat to anybody at the motel, and calling the police was unnecessary.

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and hope to see you again.

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 435-743-5848.

Quality Control Mgr.
Best Western Paradise Inn & Resort

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here last night and it was clean, quiet and very affordable! The restaurant was great and the people were very friendly! Would recommend to anybody who might be passing through. It also has a golf course right beside the hotel!

K&M

Stayed July 2014
Thank micdriver .
Scott L, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Paradise Inn & Resort, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Thank you for staying with us. We hope to see you again soon.
Kennewick, Washington
Reviewed 23 July 2014

This was a one night stay on our way home from the Grand Canyon. The hotel was wonderful. The indoor pool was in a separate building and was very nice. Our 5 year old granddaughter loved the pool playing for over an hour in it. The restaurant on the premises was very good. We ate dinner and breakfast there. The service and food was excellent.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Scott L, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Paradise Inn & Resort, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Thank you for staying with us. We have a lot of travelers stop here after Visiting the Grand Canyon, as well as Zions National Park, Las Vegas and St George.

We hope that you will be able to stay with us again soon.

Thanks again!
Delano
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We have stayed at this hotel before, but were impressed with the changes we observed on this trip. The room was attractive and seemed to have been nicely updated. the air conditioning was perfect and much appreciated as it was very hot. We remembered the attractive, very clean, covered spa and pool where we enjoyed relaxing before dinner. We were unable to activate the closed captioning and when we requested help were surprised at the immediate assistance provided by a staff person. The restaurant was good. The menu was not extensive, but included very nice "home type cooking". The breakfast which was included with our room was well prepared and cooked to order. We had enjoyed playing golf at the attached facility on a previous trip, but didn't have time on this trip. It is an attractive, fun course.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for staying with us again, and for noticing the improvements that we have been making. We still have plans for more improvements, so please come back again so you can see what other thins we are working on.

Thanks again!
St George, Uganda
Reviewed 11 July 2014

It is like going home again. I was born there and love to come back and see all the people I know who stay there also for our class reunion and family reunion. I would stay there for any reason I went to Fillmore and needed a room. Even those who don't speak English try to talk to us and give good service. my friend love the service and she is not one who is happy with many things

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Scott L, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Paradise Inn & Resort, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Thank you for staying with us. We hope you will be back soon.

San Diego, California
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I made this booking over the phone from about an hour up the road - I was tired and was very gratefull to have gotten one of the last 3 rooms in town by booking over the phone. The agent that helped me was cheerfull and kind, however when I arrived at the hotel I realized that there was an over $30. dollar charge for booking through hotels-rates.com. I imagine that was why there was such an emphasis on the conversation being recorded, and the price including all taxes and charges, but the amount was not mentioned. I'm going to let it slide this time as I was in need of safe overnight housing, and there was a full breakfast included at the only diner in town which is next to the hotel, but that seems to be a very high service charge, and next time I will be sure to call the hotel directly! Thanks Best Western and all of your nice employees!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Scott L, Public Relations Manager at Best Western Paradise Inn & Resort, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Thank you for staying with us.

I'm glad that you realize that it is not the hotels choice what the on-line booking companies add on to the rate, And some are better than others so it helps to shop around. We hope to see you again.

Jackson, United States
Reviewed 28 June 2014

The Best Western Paradise Inn is a very clean hotel and it was a pleasant experience. The free made to order breakfast at the restaurant was nice! Rooms were clean and hotel is located on a golf course.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for staying with us, We hope you will come back soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fillmore
Comfort Inn & Suites Fillmore
#7 of 13 in Richfield
Comfort Inn Richfield
Comfort Inn Richfield
#4 of 13 in Richfield

Been to Best Western Paradise Inn & Resort? Share your experiences!