“A room with a view!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ideal Beach Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Garden City
Ideal Beach Resort
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Garden City
Salt Lake City, Utah
“A room with a view!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

You can never go wrong staying at Ideal Beach. The beachfront access alone is worth the price of admission. There are on-site jetski, boat, kayak, and paddleboard rentals that make your day at the beach convenient and fun-filled. There is nothing so beautiful as this turquoise blue water set in the mountains of Utah. We stayed in one of the "Motel" units this time because it is a little closer to the beach. The rooms are what we consider bare-bones, but they do have a mini-fridge and microwave which comes in handy for snacks and lake-side lunch fixin's. The beds are oh-so-firm, and the feather mattress pads poked us all night, until we figured out putting an extra blanket on top of the pad to keep the feathers at bay. There is cable TV, clean towels, and complementary shampoo, conditioner and soap. You are expected to take out all your garbage and tidy your room before you leave or you are charged a cleaning fee. Will we stay here again? yes. big yes.

Room Tip: anything that faces the beach is great!!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Midvale, Utah, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

Beautiful spacious units. Quality furnishings and very well maintained. Sleeping arrangements were very comfortable for 8 people. Fully equipped kitchen...and they meant it. Activities in the off season shut down but the businesses who are still open work together letting you know what choices of activities are happening. The staff was very helpful. I will definitely go there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a unit facing the lake.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Shannon W
Holden, Utah
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

We stayed here this last summer and had an ok experience, however I would not stay here again if it came down to it. We were treated just fine by the staff we encountered, and the view of the lake was stunning. If you plan on spending most of your time outside, you'd probably be just fine here. There was a decent amount of things to do and lots of space, granted it was almost all taken up because it was so crowded. On the other hand, if you want to do a lot of indoor things this resort is not the place to do it. Our condo was in deep disrepair and probably had not been touched since it was built. Appliances worked fine and the bed was alright. The decor would be almost comical if we were not actually staying here. I don't need to stay somewhere with gold floors, but I do like to feel relaxed and happy with my surroundings with at least a slight modern look. Instead sitting in the living room I couldn't get over the cheap feeling I had, and the constant disappointment looking around the awful sight. With the prices they charged to stay here, I don't think the problem is a money one. My only other guess is that they just don't care what their resort looks like and are perfectly content to charge modern day prices for 1960 housing. I will not be returning to this resort it was obvious that their management didn't care enough either way to do anything about it. Scrolling down and reading some of the older reviews, this is not a new problem to Ideal Beach.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
10 Thank Donna H
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

This resort is badly outdated. The grounds and lake look great, but everything else just needs to be torn down. The motel room we stayed in had peeling paint and wood and was just not at all impressive. For what we paid for it I expected a lot better room. I dont know what the other nearby places look like but I wish I would have stayed somewhere else. Maybe their management actually takes pride in their appearance.

• Stayed November 2012
4 Thank pbolichero
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013

I went to Ideal Beach Resort at the end of July, during the annual Raspberry days. There were lots of activities at that time for many age groups like basket ball and volley ball tournament, sidewalk chalk, sandcastle competition, and even a coloring contest. my friends and I also had a chance to watch the fireworks and it was great!!!! they set the fireworks off on the beach and we sat on the grass a safe distance away. the display was grand and up-close, and I never felt in danger. I wish there was a restaurant on the resort so we didn't have to leave. they have a convenience store there with great employees who were extremly helpful. there were two Joshes who were also players at the Pickleville Playhouse. They were so funny! and they also informed us of the showtimes and costs. The one that surprised me about this resort was when the fire alarm in our condo went off in the middle of the night, we called the security, and Steve the General Manager came down personally to help us out. he was soo kind and considerate and even checked in with us in the morning to make sure we were OK. It was a blast for me and my friends! I hope I can spend my summer again there next year! I would highly recommended this resort to anyone!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Jared A
Reno, Nevada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

Great location on a beautiful beach at Bear Lake, Idaho (on the Utah side at Garden City).

My family needed accommodations for 27 for a family reunion and thought Bear Lake would be an Ideal Beach to enjoy (no pun intended). My parents went to great lengths to book two large condo suites that could accommodate us all, having to sit on the phone and dial nonstop on the day the reservation system opened in late winter. We got in! Marvelous... or so we thought.
Trouble was, if you book, you get what you get and as far as we could tell, you book sight unseen without a choice on units... it's like playing the lottery. These are all privately owned condos, some with nice updates and others stuck in the 60's. We had one of each. One seemed to have been updated nicely with new appliances, tile floors, and reasonable quality, albeit not quite clean, carpet. The other looked like it hadn't been touched in 40 years, having very dated appliances and furnishings.

The place was generally very, very noisy, with people and cars coming and going at all hours of the night. A drunken father came and went all night long, making a scene with each arrival and departure. He was apparently driving his family in and out, screaming children and infant in tow , with his wife screeching, "please don't drive, you're drunk". Since the office closes at 9pm, there was no one to report him to. In general, there didn't seem to be adequate soundproofing to make for a good sleep. We could year everyone above and next to us. Although wireless Internet was advertised and we were given a password, it was worthless. We had to walk across the giant courtyard (something like 5 buildings) to get a connection. There is no 3G or 4G for ATT in the area, although my brother had good luck with his Verizon phone. We could make phone calls on the Edge network, but it was worthless for Internet.

The condo we stayed in (the updated one) was in a bit of disrepair... minor things... doors very squeaky, bunk beds and full size beds were even squeakier. We blew the electrical circuit in the kitchen cooking with just a coffee pot and electric griddle. Since the GFI was broken, it would not reset, so we had to notify the office, who summoned an electrician. Breakfast for our 27 people was cooked using a plug in the living room. A big plus was that the kitchen was beautifully stocked with every implement one could have imagined, which made for a great family dinner spot. I will say that the property has very nice, well kept grounds, and a little gift store.

Still, despite the little inconveniences, we greatly enjoyed the stay and had a great, but sleepy, visit with our family. The older condo mostly went unused except for sleeping. It was quite sub-standard.

I think next time we'd opt for a big house or two and then would have had a bit more privacy and rest, and certainly fewer annoyances.

Room Tip: I believe you could request a certain room if you knew of a good one... we didn't.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank NaunieG
SLC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2013

I had a very different experience than the negative reviews on the site! My best friend and I went to stay for a long weekend towards the end of the busy season. It was a quick trip from SLC, the drive was stunning, and our condo was right on the beach in a very clean, comfortable room. The staff was so nice to us, the area was always tidy and clean, and we never had a problem getting our needs met. You should plan on bringing up some food to keep in the room, unless you want to eat in "town" which doesnt offer a lot in terms of cuisine. I had a better experience planning for some groceries and eating out one meal a day. Bear Lake is gorgeous-- I have a feeling it's an up and coming resort getaway in UT. I loved Ideal Beach Resort-- highly recommend it!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
#1 of 4 in Garden City
Beaver Creek Lodge
Beaver Creek Lodge
#1 of 1 in Logan

Been to Ideal Beach Resort? Share your experiences!