“Pretty nice - recently updated”

Comfort Inn Green River
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Green River
“Pretty nice - recently updated”
Reviewed 14 July 2013

This is my second stay here in six years. This has been a much better experience. Service is very helpful and friendly. The rooms have been recently modernized and the wifi is open, reasonably fast and unlimited. Breakfast is good and continuously stocked with the breakfast area itself being kept nice and clean.

The desk attendant offered dining options and closing times of the restaurants.

The rooms are kept and presented nicely. Our bathtubs drain was slow, leaving us in a couple of inches of water before our showers were done. The bathroom floor had some hair from our dark-haired fellow mankind pretty obviously left behind.

Overall quite stay-able with very little to nit-pick about. Thanks for the good accommodations folks.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Mark B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 10 July 2013

I could not connect to the internet for the whole evening. The receptionist just shrugged and said she had called maintenance. The 800 help line listed on the hotel brochure said they were no longer serving that location.

The plug of the bath tub was broken (would not close). The fan in the bathroom was unbelievably noisy. I moved the nightstand to plug in an electric cord and found the TV program for November 2012: how often do the clean that room?!

There was a motel just in front advertising rooms for less than 1/2 the price I paid.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Ljubljana, Slovenia
Reviewed 10 July 2013

There are very few good choices to stay in Green River. I thought this was one of them, I was wrong.

The check-in was OK, were assigned the room as requested (top floor, away from street).

I was given room 227. The room was OK at first glance, but when you took a closer look, you noticed many things that should have not been like that. The bathtub was not very clean, the A/C unit was partially torn out of its mounted spot on the wall and there was a gapping hole through which you could see outside on the right side of the A/C, the two chairs in the room did not match the rest of the furniture and were extremely dusty. The room was also really small. Even if you arrived just with your carry-ons, it got crammed.

I went to use the pool. It was another bad surprise. The rack for pool towels was empty, there were a few dirty towels and newspaper pages lying around. A window was broken, there was a hole in the glass, which was not at all protected or (temporarily) covered with duct tape or anything. They just put "wet floor" sign under the broken window. The worst part of the pool room was its ceiling. Half of the tiles were missing, it looked like it underwent an explosion. Just horrible.

There was one thing that was good at the property - breakfast. Everything was ready on time, there's plenty of food, good choices and the breakfast room is large enough.

I was staying 3 nights and returning back from the national parks for my last night I discovered the house keeping did not service my room. They only replaced towels. The room was not cleaned, the beds were not made, no toiletries were given, no coffee, no plastic cups, nothing. Even the two trash bins were still completely full. OK, I know, It happens, no big deal, I went down to the front desk and reported the problem. Then the lady at front desk made it into a big deal.

First the clerk told me I was not entitled to get any house keeping service as I was staying more than one night!!!??? When I told her that house keeping did everything for my second night, she changed the story. This time she said the room was not serviced because I did not leave the "please change sheets" leaflet on the bed. Again, an idiotic excuse. She then sad that I must have left things on the bed and that was the reason ... I didn't leave anything on the beds. And finally, her last excuse was, that the house keeping does not enter rooms if guests leave their luggage in the room when staying more nights???!!! It was as if she was trying to make an idiot out of me.
I suggested I can move to a clean room, which she refused and told me she was calling the house keeping, but had no idea when they would arrive. Terrible service! No apology, no explanation, not helpful at all, unfriendly.
I asked if I could speak to any management staff, but was told no one was available ...

After more than an hour another girl, who told me she was also a front desk clerk, showed up. This one was more capable, she inspected the room, observed the situation was as I had described it. Then she and another man (it appeared as if he was a maintenance guy) finally cleaned and serviced the room. Which was all I ever asked for.

The next morning I was checked-out by general manager, Ms Brenna Hunt in person and was, of course, expecting at least an apology or an explanation, not to mention lowering the rate for this night when they failed to provide service I had pre-paid for. Well, I was expecting too much. Either Ms Hunt was not made aware of the problem and terrible service and attitude of the front desk clerk the previous afternoon or it can be that this is actually the standard of service at this property.

All in all, except for the breakfast, far below the usual Comfort Inn standard. It would make an average Rodeway Inn.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Slo-Lju
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Between Grand Junction Colorado and Salina Utah along I-70 is a whole lot of nothing...except
some really grand scenery. Stuck in the middle is a little place in the road called Green River, appropriately named because it sits smack dab on the Green River. You can stay at cheaper
hotels/motels there, but the Comfort Inn is priced about right, and is reasonably clean. Front desk personnel will reluctantly give you a room and act as if it's a personal favor. They recommend a restaurant close by with a similar attitude. We settled for a subway sandwich and
coke. I guess if I lived there, I'd have a bad attitude also.

Room Tip: Stay at the hotel across the street and get a room on the river.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Hershdc
Reviewed 7 July 2013 via mobile

We originally had reservations for the motel 6 across the street. Upon arriving there, the room was dirty, small, and smelled like something died or either a wet dog. Be advised that all motel 6s are pet friendly in every room. We were not going to pay $60 to sleep in a cramped and disgusting room. Luckily, this comfort inn was right across the street to save us. We arrived into the room and found a spotless place with very comfortable beds. The front desk was helpful as well even though we has no reservation. This place was such a great stay and really made me enjoy our trip. You also get free breakfast and a AAA discount if you're a member. You also get a free 50 dollar gift card if you stay in a choice hotel within 30 days. In conclusion, we spent 85 here instead of 60 at the dump across the street. Spend your money here!!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank USATravel27
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 6 July 2013 via mobile

This hotel could definitely use a little renovation and a new cleaning crew. Our bathroom smelled awful from the shower curtain, the side of the toilet had a urine stain, there were hairs in tub and stains on the towels. The air conditioner is ancient and took over 8 hours to cool the room down. Checked in at 7pm, turned the ac on left for dinner, came back around 10 and the room was still warm and humid. Had to have maintenance come and check the unit around 11pm, he went outside and sprayed the unit with the hose to help it cool down. Everyone had to sleep (try to at least) on top of the covers. It finally cooled down around 3:30am. The roll away bed is a joke, the mattress is paper thin. Don't come here with a lot of luggage either or anything large cause there is no elevator, we had to ask to be on the 1st floor b/c we have very large luggage. If we had to stay in this tiny run down town more than one night, we would have stayed somewhere else.

• Stayed July 2013
Park City, Utah
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Do not rent a room at the Comfort Inn. I checked into the motel room about 4pm on a Friday night. Outdoor temp was 105°. I set the air conditioner on max cool and max fan - went to dinner and came back 2 hours later to find the room temperature was 90°.

The woman at the front desk acknowledged that the room was heated up to an uncomfortable temperature and there was an issue with the A/C (plus no maintenance engineer on duty). So the Front Desk attendant came up to the room to clean the coils and change the filter on the unit. The front desk woman asked me to call her a few minutes later to let her know if the A/C was cooling properly. It was not cooling the room at all. She attempted to call a maintenance person to see if the A/C could be repaired that evening. She was unable to get anyone to to repair the system. I asked her to change me to a different room and she told me the hotel was sold out and there were no rooms available. She did not know of any other available hotel rooms in town that night. I was told to “make the best of it”.

Unable to get a restful sleep that night, the room experience was unpleasant to say the least.
The next morning I asked for a refund of my room rental charge. The front deck person took $40 off my bill. She said that’s all she could do and recommended I call the manager, Brenna Hunt on Sunday. I explained the situation and asked Ms. Hunt for a full refund of the room charge - she refused to honor my request because I stayed the night in their hotel.

I understand that mechanical things break down; however, I was completely dissatisfied with the $40 resolution for a night without air-conditioning resulting in loss of sleep.

I strongly urge travelers not to stay at this hotel in Green River. This property is not properly staffed and is poorly run. I suggest staying at the Holiday Inn in Green River. Do not rent a room at the Comfort Inn.

While I'm talking bad about the Green River Comfort Inn, you should know that the water in the pool and the water in the hot tub is cloudy, not clear and there was some sort of scum floating on top of the water. That should make you wonder how clean the pool water is and how well the pools are maintained.

Thank you.