“Didn't get the room I was told I would get”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Green River
Robbers Roost Motel
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Green River
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I booked a pet room over the internet and then called and left a message asking for them to go ahead and move me to another room if there was a better one. The woman called back and left a very nice message, saying that I had been moved to a better room, with the room number. I arrived at the motel and found that I had been moved to what is apparently the worst pet room -- in the back corner, very dark with a small window.

Other than that, it was fine and a good value for the money. Internet was pretty fast and was pleasantly surprised to find a flat screen TV in the room.

Had to get ice from reception, but it doesn't open until 9 a.m. which seemed a bit late.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
RRMotel, Owner at Robbers Roost Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2013

We do apologize that you did not get the room you wanted and that it seems you had to wait until 9am to get ice from us. We are family owned and operated and the morning is for us to have time together and to get ready for the day. We do strive to accommodate our guests as best we can, please just ask. :)

Reviewed 28 August 2013 via mobile

We are just passing through on our way to Santa Fe from Seattle. We used trip advisor as always and found this to be spot-on. Nice, clean, comfortable. Good desk service. We will stay here again as we travel this route in the future.

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you for staying with us and for your comments here on TripAdvisor. We work hard to make our guest stay as pleasant as possible: a clean, comfortable and affordable room and good customer service.

Reviewed 25 August 2013

We stayed for a night on our trip down to Mesa Verde. The motel offers great value and we liked the place. We had a microwave and a fridge and free WiFi (and shampoo!). The whole place and the room is old, but well maintained and we had really everything that we wanted and needed. You could see and feel that it's a family business, which made us feel at home for the night.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 August 2013

There's not a lot in Green River, but if you are overnighting there this is the place to stay. Family run and pretty bare bones, but squeaky clean. Pet friendly. We were able to plug in our Volt overnight as well. We were on a business trip (2 jazz festivals) but were headed on a side trip to Arches Nat'l Monument, so this was a convenient stopover.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 August 2013

For the price this Motel is fine although some what dated,large room with 2 beds but rather dark with a small window and a tatty curtain
The best bit was the retro bathroom very funky very clean
It has every thing you need for a one night stopover

Room Tip: They are all round three side of a rectangle it was not noisy and we were near the front office
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Oaks46

Thank you for your comments on the Robbers Roost Motel. The motel is one of the older ones in town and is kinda funky. We are updating it as we can. One of the things I dislike about most lodging places is the lack of light in the rooms. As we update we plan to make most rooms as it would be in a home.

Reviewed 5 August 2013

I found Robbers Roost to be very comfortable and the owners very friendly and helpful.. Staying here took me back to old school when coming home from Vietnam and finding real people out of the millions in the world.. There Motel is more than five stars and I found even though some say it is small and some say it is to small do not appreciate the values of what real quality of life is.. I know every time I come through Green River I will have my reservations made to stay here.. The best from east to west and the most from coast to coast..

Room Tip: The only tip I have to offer to others is Leave a Tip..
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo

Thank you very much for your kind comment!

Reviewed 1 August 2013 via mobile

I made reservations in the car on the way to arches national park. I made sure to get a pet friendly room, but didn't fill out everything correctly.
I only put a room for one when it was actually me the wife and our 130 pound bullmastiff. They had no problem with that and even waved the fees! It truly is a family run place, and if you need a clean comfy no frills motel for a good price, then book here.

• Stayed: August 2013