“Refused room even with confirmation in hand”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Green River
Robbers Roost Motel
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Green River
Reviewed 26 September 2013

I booked this room for my son who was traveling to the Arches. The webpage seemed to represent a very quaint low budget hotel and claimed to be family owned.
After a long day of driving coming in from Yellowstone National Park I booked a room online. An email arrived with the confirmation number.
However, when he went to check in he was told the hotel was full and there were no rooms. Turned out that there were no rooms in the entire town and he was forced to drive another hour to Moab UT for a room.
Very disappointed in a family owned motel. It was late, dark and I was very concerned for his safety.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank bakermcp
RRMotel, Owner at Robbers Roost Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2013

We are sorry and embarrassed that this happened. We are a quaint motel and family owned. This was the first time in the years that we have owned the motel that this has happened. It seemed to be one of those extremely rare occurrences where the the last room was booked simultaneously in house and online. We tried to help by offering to call around town to find another motel with a room but our offer was turned down.

Reviewed 19 September 2013

This is a 50's style motel, operated by a young, hard working couple, who are providing guests with a clean and affordable ($50 nightly/2 queens) room. Expect the bare basics, and don't compare it with higher priced hotel\motels. We stayed 2 nights, and were fine. Parking is directly in front of your room, wifi availability, small refrigerator, and cable tv. We ate in two of the nearby restaurants (Ray's & Tamarisk), both good. Green River locals frequent Ray's, because it serves the best steaks/chops. The lowest priced fuel is a few blocks from the motel. I hope this is helpful, if you're passing through Green River, UT.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 September 2013 via mobile

I want to start by saying that the staff is absolutely wonderful. Friendly & helpful. The room is what you pay for. Adequate. Kind of sparse, actually. There is no closet available but there are two hooks in a corner of the room to hang your clothes if needed. A wall unit a/c is your cooling/heating source. I had the bed closest to the door & from where I sat I could see sunlight through a gap between the door & the frame. I imagine that gap would get a little wider in the winter. The room does have a microwave & a nice flat screen TV. You would probably need to ask for a wake-up call or use your phone or traveling alarm clock to wake up as there isn't a clock radio available. The bathroom is small but adequate. The beds were among the hardest I slept on in a while. Even firmer than what I've experienced at the Holiday Inn Express. I woke felling as if I had been beat up. We got the last room available as the Mellon Festival is gearing up this week. That being said: I would stay here again only as a last resort.

• Stayed: September 2013

Thank you for your comments, we appreciate all the information we can receive from our guests so we know how to make our rooms and future stays better. We can set up wake-up calls and alarm clocks are available from the front desk.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

This is not a fancy place to stay, but for my husband and me it was a godsend as we had already outspent our travel budget on substandard, yet expensive, motels. Since this is the old-fashioned type of motel where you can park right outside your door, all we needed to do was roll out of the car, straight into bed! Exactly what we wanted after a long travel day. A friendly greeting upon our arrival was an added bonus. Our room was clean with really good lighting (both rarely found in less expensive motels). Although we enjoy a good cup of coffee, we rarely use the machines and it was not missed here. We happily bought a cup enroute. We are early risers, so checkout time is never an issue for us. Really glad we read the trip advisor reviews prior to making a reservation!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 September 2013 via mobile

Staff is really nice and helpful. The rooms are large and roomy but the bathroom is very small. You can't beat the price $50 per night for two queen beds.

Rooms don't have coffee which is something all hotels I've been to have (even Motel 6!). Check out time is 10:30am and I've never been to a hotel whose checkout is this early. It's not located near anything walkable and most restaurants are on the other end of town.

Overall, this place looked like it was good a few years ago but has passed it's prime. It's a good place to stay if you need a emergency place to crash for the night but I won't stay here again. I would pay a but more and stay at one of the nicer places in town where most hotels are concentrated, including Motel 6.

• Stayed: September 2013

Thank you for your comments! It is true we don't have coffee in the rooms and some of the bathrooms are on the small side (we are working on that as we can), but we are within walking distance to two restaurants and a grocery store. The restaurants: Rays Tavern and La Veracruzana; the grocery store: The Melon Vine. All three of these places are excellent for food, depending on what you want or need.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

I believe the marquis out front said, "Clean, comfortable, affordable" and that's exactly what it was. We decided to stay in Green River because it was cheaper than Moab and also because it was a good home base to go to both Arches, Canyonlands area and also Goblin Valley. I would definitely stay at the Robbers Roost again. I was nervous at first because the price was so much more affordable than everywhere else I looked but I decided to trust the reviews and I'm glad I did. The room was dated, but very clean. And the water pressure in the shower was awesome! After a long day of hiking in the red rocks and sand, it sure felt nice. Plenty of hot water too. We were able to bath the kids and have plenty of hot water left for showers. Good place to stay, and we even stopped on the way out of town at a melon stand and brought home some famous Green River melons.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I booked a pet room over the internet and then called and left a message asking for them to go ahead and move me to another room if there was a better one. The woman called back and left a very nice message, saying that I had been moved to a better room, with the room number. I arrived at the motel and found that I had been moved to what is apparently the worst pet room -- in the back corner, very dark with a small window.

Other than that, it was fine and a good value for the money. Internet was pretty fast and was pleasantly surprised to find a flat screen TV in the room.

Had to get ice from reception, but it doesn't open until 9 a.m. which seemed a bit late.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
RRMotel, Owner at Robbers Roost Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2013

We do apologize that you did not get the room you wanted and that it seems you had to wait until 9am to get ice from us. We are family owned and operated and the morning is for us to have time together and to get ready for the day. We do strive to accommodate our guests as best we can, please just ask. :)