“Camping for a night”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Green River
Green River State Park Campground
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

Awesome campground. Very friendly and clean. Loved the cottonwood trees dropping their cotton. River was refreshing and the showers clean and warm. I will definitely stay again as we come through. Even with no reservation we were able to find a sight for an RV and another for our many tents. The sites were clean and grassy. Table and firepit were clean also.

Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank SCostello69
There are newer reviews for Green River State Park Campground

Reviewed 26 June 2014

For $18 a night, it can't be beat. Along side a river and golf course, it was very quiet. Lots of trees and grass. Nice restrooms and free showers. 54 miles before Moab. viable alternative to staying in pricey Moab.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ernieLoomisCa
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Beautiful sites, very spacy and green, grass and trees all over, nice spot.
Not only for a stop on your way to/from the NPs but a beautiful place itself.
Sites at the river are to be preferred.
Friendly and helpful staff, clean facilities.
Not far to the highway, perfect for a nice stopover.
Spend the first night there after starting at the RV rental in SLC. Reservable, so perfect for that.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Moguntia
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Ok, I booked the cabin, so this review is of the one cabin. 1st of all, the cabin is by itself, not in the same area as the campgrounds. If you want isolation from the campers, this is your place. If you enjoy being around other campers... not so much. Also, the showers are in the campgrounds. Now, don't get me wrong, that's only about 75 yds away, There is a nearby restroom & the restrooms seem well maintained.

Now, you have to bring all your own sheets & stuff, you should already know that. There is no stove and the beds are queen size, but there is a little refrigerator & a table inside. But there's no fire pit near the cabin for some odd reason. At other state parks, the fire pit is nearby & there's a table outside as well so you can cook outside the cabin. So that was odd.

The deal for me is that the mattress was very firm. It was way too firm for me. I felt like I was sleeping on the floor & I didn't get more than a couple of hours sleep. I drove in to town at about 3 am to see if there were an all night diner where I could at least watch the news or something, but no go. I ended up going to some gas station and walking the aisles until I became concerned the attendant might be concerned I was either a robber, a drug dealer, or a pimp. There ain't nothing to do in Green River, Utah at 3 in the morning, get my point?

Anyway, since this was a Sunday morning, you can contact the Utah State Parks people. They're like gone & there ain't nobody to discuss this with until Monday. Hey, but a local ranger showed up around 9, I think. We were packed and leaving anyway. There was no way I could stay there another night, given the rock hard bed = and our reservations were for 4 nights. But anyway, I explained the situation with the park ranger & he was able to just cancel my reservation for the remaining 3 nights. What a guy.

I appreciate that Mr Ranger.

Room Tip: There is one cabin, but it is somewhat isolated from the campgrounds, but within yards of the river.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank ScottNicholsonBoise
Reviewed 26 December 2013

This is generally a nice overnight stop as others have said.
BUT, if you are there when they ( manually ) turn on the sprinklers you risk serious water damage.
The system seems totally unmaintained and the strong jet of water type sprinklers rotate in apparently random directions. We were in our motorhome and were able to quickly close the windows before much water came in - some people with tents and pop up campers were not so lucky. We moved out of the campsite till the sprinklers stopped. Its quite possible we could have had some water damage in the fridge vent etc. if we stayed there.
The strange thing is the "ranger" said he would be turning the sprinklers on and never mentioned even as much as "close your windows"
Put quite a "damper" on the whole visit - we won't be back.
Better to go on to Moab if you are heading that direction - lots of camping there.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 October 2013

We were here on a Friday night in October. Glad I booked ahead as the campground was full. Site had electric but no water. Dump station and water nearby. Showers were private and nice with plenty hot water. Sites were nicely spaced with grass everywhere. We were in an RV but there were also quite a few tents. This camp had the friendliest folks of the week we spent in our rental RV. The train goes by about a quarter mile away but wasn't an issue. Even though the camp was full and it was Friday night it was very quiet.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 October 2013 via mobile

Clean, grass, giant cottonwoods. Launching ramp for river trips. Inexpensive. On the river. Quiet and peaceful. No wifi but worth it. We spent 5 nights here. Close to rafting and national and state parks.

• Stayed: October 2013
Holiday Inn Express Green River
Super 8 Green River
Super 8 Green River
#4 of 11 in Green River

Been to Green River State Park Campground? Share your experiences!