“Motel 6 Green River”

Motel 6 Green River
Ranked #11 of 11 Hotels in Green River
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Only stayed one night before Arches National Park ..Room was clean , price was cheap , place was quiet . Pool was already closed for winter .Situation closed to the center ( 10 mn walking ) so a great deal for a stop over..

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Lenny P, General Manager at Motel 6 Green River, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay at our Motel 6 in Green River, UT. As you experienced, you will find that we are clean, comfortable, and affordable. We have a great location and are within walking distance of local restaurants. Also, we are less than 50 miles from Arches National Park, making us an affordable option to stay before or after experiencing that great park. I trust that the next time you are in the area you will stop again!

Reviewed 31 January 2014

Super cheap and seemed like a great deal that night, but we soon found out that even the Robert's Roost and a few others down the street offered the same prices. It was clean and quiet, but had to giggle that they made you buy complimentary shampoo in the vending machine. I also went in to get my "free coffee" when I checked out at 10:30pm, but I took the last bit. I thought I'd be nice and tell the lady, and she made sure to inform me that "Free Coffee" ended at 10am.

So cheap!

Room Tip: Check around and only stay here if it is the cheapest by a long shot
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Elisabeth B
Lenny P, General Manager at Motel 6 Green River, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Thank you for staying with us at our Motel 6 in Green River, UT. I am pleased that you found it to be clean and quiet. One of the main ways that Motel 6 is able to have low rates is by not offering any amenities in the rooms. We are able to offer some of these through the vending machines in the lobby. Thank you for your other comments that will help me to continue to improve our costumer service. You will find us to have the lowest rates in the area and will provide you with great service. I hope you will choose to stay with us again if you are in the area.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

The room we stayed in smelled horrible. The screen was duck taped and the air conditioning didn't work. Room was old. Mattress had a rip in it like someone took a knife and cut it open. Had we not been so exhausted from driving from Indianapolis we would've left without even trying to get our money back. Keep driving to the next rest area. You'll be glad you did.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Trena1062
Lenny P, General Manager at Motel 6 Green River, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to comment on our property. I would like to apologize for the unwelcoming conditions that you experienced. We are under new ownership and will be completely remodeling the property next fall. Meanwhile, we are aggressively addressing the issues and refreshing the rooms. Next time, please notify the front desk and we help to resolve the problems. I hope if you are in the area again next year that you will stop and see the new remodel!

Reviewed 9 October 2013

We've stayed at this Motel 6 several times en route from LA to Denver and keep coming back only because it's the cheapest place in town. After driving 9 hrs. we just want a place to crash for the night. It's just OK, nothing better. One year our room had a horrible mildew smell and when I spoke to the desk clerk about it she claimed the carpets in that wing had just been cleaned (and obviously not yet dried). This year we enjoyed a slow-flushing toilet and some annoying in-room flies. I keep asking my husband if we could try Robber's Roost, the retro motor lodge at the other end of town, but he always heads straight for Motel 6.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Lenny P, General Manager at Motel 6 Green River, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

Thank you for choosing our Green River Motel 6 for your stop. I apologize for the toilet issues that you experienced. With our new management and maintenance crew, we are striving to correct and stay on top of these issues. I hope that you will choose to stay with us the next time you stop in Green River.

Reviewed 20 September 2013

Looking to get out of the heat from camping and desperately seeking a shower... Didn't want to pay $100 to stay in Moab, so we went up to Green River to get a $60 Motel Six. Honestly the room was probably an average rating, but I don't carry a black light around with me. The reason I give it a poor rating is because of the shady individuals who stood out by the dumpster looking into the pool area. Obviously these individuals have been allowed to stay there awhile, as they had a large bbq grill and a comfortable sitting area setup. We stayed in a room that faced the inside court area, and the individuals, which meant our car was out of view, that didn't make me feel good. I don't mind a seedy hotel, drop the price to $40 and I would've rated it excellent.

Room Tip: Request room facing highway, it will allow your car to be visible.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank topcity0024
Motel6, Owner at Motel 6 Green River, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Dear Topcity0024,
We apologize for the unwelcoming environment you encountered during your stay. Thank you for your review, and please kindly contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you and our other guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Reviewed 12 August 2013

Thought I was getting a good deal for a bed to just sleep in but becuase the walls and floors between levels are so thin it wasn't even that! We had a horrible experience due to the people staying above us litereally walking around their room until 2AM and the floor between us would squeak every other step!

Other than that I would consider this place a good resting place for a bed only. TVs were small and rooms were small. The bathrooms had an odor that didn't make me or my wife happy so don't expect much more than a bed, that was actually okay, to lay in.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank DBG3
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Stayed here 2 nights, really wished I hadn't. At check in there were 2 women behind the counter- one was on the phone in the side room & it was quite obviously a private call- even though there were 3 guys in front of me she didn't get off the phone to help check us in faster.

The girl on the desk was really intent on chatting to the guys as she was checking them in (much more chatting was happening than checking in)- I got to over hear that she was turning 19 in December, she really liked a guy- who was a trucker, she wanted to ask him out but she was shy, she thought he was also shy- and therefore not asking her, he told her he was single but she wasn't so sure..... AHHHHH come on- I am just stood there like a lemon whilst this is all going on, she checked the 3 guys in front on my in soooooo slowly. So eventually she gets them all done and then moves onto me- she was OK to me but not particularly friendly or polite (BTW other staff member was still on the phone this whole time).

Finally got my room- check in girl didn't give me any indication of where it was on the property- room was OK- kind of old and worn but alright, main complaint was it had no bath tub only a shower. But then I went to check out- emo/ skater looking girl who'd been in the phone when I'd checked in was talking to similar looking emo/ skater looking guy when I walked in the office- she saw me come in- said something to the guy and walked straight out of the office!!! I'm stood there with the key card not knowing what to do- luckily an older lady sat at the back of the office area told me just to leave it on the counter. Really shocking service- I really think the management need to look into what their staff are like. I would not stay here again.

BTW Green River is a really run down town- really would not recommend to anyone to stay here- only good part is the Tamerisk Restaurant.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else- or maybe be a young male, you'd probably get a much better experience with...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo