“THe staff needed to be responsible and do there job. The...”

Americas Best Value Inn Green River
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Green River

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Czech first
Laughlin, Nevada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2012

My husband and I had traveled nearly 700 miles and it was getting late and we were not at the top of our game for driving. We called Holiday Inn Express but it was full as well as Comfort inn. Ramada had one room left. We reserved sight unseen though we thought the price was over the top. I walked in the lobby and thought - you must be kidding for that price??? Again, we were tired. We took the room. No elevator to the second floor. Promised WiFi in the room...didn't happen. I called the front desk, the guy told me to take my laptop in the hall and see if I could connect better. Really! He said that! Ok, we went to dinner and came back to sleep. We got up early to get our drive to Las Vegas started and no hot water for shower. Called the desk and they were waiting for someone to come light it. Wish I had read the reviews but difficult when on the road. The bed was comfortable. The furniture - very tacky. Would not attempt to eat there when they didn't have working facilities.

Room Tip: We need to look before we sign the dotted line.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Deb1148
Aurora, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2012

I will keep this unemotional. I usually assume very bad reviews mean someone has an ax to grind. In our case - I was traveling with just my dad. Had we not prepaid we would have left. If I was with my wife and 2 daughters, we would have left regardless of the prepay; The place was, unfortunately, that questionable.

We stayed here on a Hotwire "secret" special. It was horrible. There was used mouthwash and lotions in our room. Other half used bottles were left behind the refrigerator. The hotel policies on the door were all torn and hanging from the wall. The internet was down the whole time. They ran out of breakfast early in the morning and there only response was sorry we do not have any more breakfast.

Overall just not professional and it felt very neglected. We stayed here on a "secret" hotwire special - so we thought we were getting a deal. It was not worth 1/2 of the special rate we paid. We have never had a bad experience with hotwire and I will use them again - but this place needed to be warned about.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank AdventureHermit

Travellers are raving about these Green River hotels

FLORISSANT
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2012

This room was awful. one of the worst hotel rooms I've ever stayed in. Broken overhead class fixtures, vice grips for the shower control, and bare wires for the smoke detector. I will never stay here again and not recommend anyone else to stay here. Staff was rude and so many other details, it was just unbeliavble. Never again will I stay at a Ramada Inn!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

4 Thank Margaret S
Vancouver, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2012

We got what we paid for, and it served its purposed, a place to crash after hiking for two days. The hotel was clean, the service varied from shift to shift, but was not horrible.

The served hot breakfast in the morning, and was relatively quiet. Again, it serviced its purposed.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank J Kimberly W
Sudbury, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2012

I had the same experience as pattyak! My husband and I arrived at this hotel about 11 at night, after a long day of travelling. We just wanted to get some rest! We checked in and went to our room...which was the only room that opened to the outside of the building. There was a GIANT cockroach outside the door of the room and several more bugs that were dead or dying. Gross, but what matters is the inside of the room, right? The inside was awful- dead bugs all over the floor of the room, particularly in the bathroom. I was so tired, I was willing to over look the dead bugs-- but there were stains on the bedspread and it was obvious this room had not been cleaned in a while, if at all. I went to the front desk and discreetly told the gentleman at the front desk that their were dead bugs all over the room, would he kindly give us another room? He told me that that was the last room available, and my husband (who booked the room) was aware of the room's condition because it was a reduced rate ($60) and "after all it is bug season".. I was astonished that they wouldn't offer to at least clean the bugs up. We got a refund (and you can bet we will be checking our credit card to ensure they did not bill us!) and went down to the street to the Holiday Inn...which had NO bugs outside or inside, had rooms that were modern and clean, staff that were extremely nice and an awesome complimentary breakfast in the morning. Please please please do not stay at the Ramada- you're better off sleeping in your car!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
#3 of 11 in Green River
River Terrace Inn
River Terrace Inn
#1 of 11 in Green River

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Green River? Share your experiences!