“Rooms are good and breakfast is Amazing!”
Review of River Terrace Inn

River Terrace Inn
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Green River
Reviewed 11 February 2014

I don't get to this area of Utah often, but River Terrace is by far the best hotel in the area. This is an older hotel that is well-maintained. The room was clean; however, the tub/shower caulking looked a grungy and like it needed to be cleaned. The breakfast was made to order. They had a nice bar of typical breakfast foods (cereal, drinks, breads, etc), but on top of that they fixed a hot breakfast to order. My custom omelet was delicious. They also offered hotcakes and other hot items.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Debbie B
There are newer reviews for River Terrace Inn

Reviewed 6 January 2014

We stayed here on 1/3/14 on our return road trip back to Colorado. The front desk staff was excellent and referred us to a tavern in town for yummy hamburgers and fries. Our room was large and very comfortable overlooking the Green River. The breakfast was the best! Made to order breakfast with whatever my heart desired. They really know how to treat a guest! The owner even sat down and visited me when I was eating. I will be back!

Room Tip: We stayed in a king bed overlooking the river
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 November 2013

An established property with large, comfortable and clean rooms, a good bed and quiet. Front desk personnel friendly and helpful as was person in dining area. Hot breakfast that was quite good. Nice location on river. Would return.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank sueprc
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I had occasion to stay in the River Terrace Inn the first time about 4 years ago, I was very impressed by it as it was an older established property, the service was good, the room was very clean and they had a decent breakfast with eggs & misc to order. The room price then (if I remember correctly) was around 69.00 to 79.00 p/night which I thought then was a bit on the high side, but considering what else was available in town, was worth it.
This trip I was heading to Salt Lake City which is only 2.5 to 3 hr additional travel, and it was early enough in the day I could have made it to SLC, but since last time I had a positive experience here I decided to stay the night in the River Terrace Inn again.Needless to say It was a little bit disappointing, Service still friendly and ok, and the room was still very clean, bed ok, but rooms had not been updated at all, and still the old type tube tv which had very poor quality. I realize I didn't stop there to watch tv, but it would have been nice to have a decent picture. Next morning was breakfast, they still had the same type breakfast, but the young fellow taking and preparing our order talked very softly and was hard to understand, but we got thru that ok, and he made our eggs to order ok, That was the best part of breakfast, additionally they had bacon and hash brown potato's in their warmer , the bacon was a cheap thin strip microwave bacon which was tasteless and not good to eat, the hash browns were greasy and soggy and not edible. The Room rate was 101.65 including tax. They really need to upgrade the property somewhat to justify this kind of rate. For Comparison, the next night we stayed in a newer Hyatt in the SLC area, where we had excellent service, very nice furnishings, and an excellent breakfast for 95.00 per night including tax.
Summary: Overall, Next time I travel to SLC and happen to go thru Green River Utah, I will opt not to stay at the River Terrace Inn, but will make plans to go the distance for better facility and better price. The dated furnishings, poor breakfast, and high price are the deal breakers for me.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the river are good.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Bob C
Reviewed 2 November 2013

This was an oasis in the desert. I just happened upon the trip advisor review and decided to stay in green river stead of a larger town. We were not disappointed. The price was about the same as for a chain hotel, but the service and amenities and breakfast put them over the top. They made sure we had all the toiletries we might need. Room was very large, comfortable and tasteful. Pillows were too soft for me, but they had plenty of them, which was nice. We had two sinks, which is always a perk. Beds were extremely comfortable. We had good wifi, frig and microwave. The breakfast was as great as everyone says. Carlos greeted us and gave us our choices. We had an omelet with chorizo and cheese. Now, we have been traveling for three weeks, and by far, this was the best breakfast we have had. I tried some blueberry toast which was delicious. I asked Carlos where he bought it from so I could buy some. He insisted on giving me a loaf. What a wonderful surprise. I would come back here in a heartbeat. If you are anywhere close, you need to stay here. They will make it worth your while.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jhurd6
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Excellent, clean comfortable rooms, lovely location, excellent breakfast. Although this hotel was at th top end of 'budget' it was worth every cent in terms of comfort. Luxury toilettries, loads of pillows and as many towels as you coukd possibly want. A littlke bit of luxury

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kaybee21
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Found the River Terrace thru AAA. Stopped here because nothing was available in Moab. Reception area had a cooler of ice cold water with fresh cut grapefruit slices in it, very refreshing. The desk clerk let us look at one of the rooms to decide if we wanted a ground floor or 2nd floor. Settled on a second floor room with a slider and small balcony facing the parking lot. It was a very nicely appointed room, very eye soothing pale greens. Bathroom was all inclusive in one room with nice selection of fancy shampoo/conditioner. Biggest treat was breakfast in the morning. We were given tickets when we checked in and were met at the breakfast room by a young man who collected our tickets and gave us numerous hot selections of omelets, french toast and other items made to order. This was on top of a well stocked breakfast bar with fresh cut melon medley (melon locally grown and very sweet), juices, breads and fresh wrapped cinnamon rolls (no dried up little prepackaged things). Eggs and meats and probably more that I've forgotten. Do get to breakfast early as there are only 5 tables that seat 4 each. It was so over the top for a motel in a town that's literally on the road between places, not a destination in itself by any means.

Room Tip: Parking lot fills up fast. Eat breakfast early to get a seat.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple