“Could Be a Three Star Hotel”
Review of River Terrace Inn

River Terrace Inn
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Green River
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Stay here while checking out Arches National Park about 45 minutes to the south. Great hotel, large rooms, plenty of amenities, but beds were way too soft. Hotel offers a made to order breakfast along with your regular continental fare. All amazingly well prepared and tasty. I was looking forward to a dip in the hot tub but it was not up and running. Very disappointed as the weather was gorgeous. If this hotel had Select Comfort beds this could be a 3 star hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 24 March 2014

I've driven through Green River Utah more times than I can count but this was the first time I actually spent the night. We picked the place based on tripadvisor reviews and glad we did. The Hotel is old but well maintained. Rooms are huge. The place has a late 60s/early 70s feel and I'd guess it was initially built to be somewhat of a resort. We joked that it seemed like we were on the set of Mad Men and expected to see Don Draper at any moment. They allow no smoking or pets which is a good thing. Beds are comfortable and the breakfast includes a cooked to order omelette which was a nice touch. If I were to nit pic, I'd suggest they get flat screen TVs.

Room Tip: Get a river view room
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank icetalker
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

there is not much in this town but its the perfect stop to refresh from a long drive. Good location to get to many places we enjoy. Our room was clean. Large. The view of river very relaxing. Surprise of green in the desert. Room/building dated but the outdoor pool hot tub are very nice under the stars. Best part was made to order breakfast. So so good. The staff at breakfast was amazing. They went way out of their way for us. This property is alittle more money than some places in town but i will return for the river view, pool, and breakfast.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 February 2014

I don't get to this area of Utah often, but River Terrace is by far the best hotel in the area. This is an older hotel that is well-maintained. The room was clean; however, the tub/shower caulking looked a grungy and like it needed to be cleaned. The breakfast was made to order. They had a nice bar of typical breakfast foods (cereal, drinks, breads, etc), but on top of that they fixed a hot breakfast to order. My custom omelet was delicious. They also offered hotcakes and other hot items.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Debbie B
Reviewed 6 January 2014

We stayed here on 1/3/14 on our return road trip back to Colorado. The front desk staff was excellent and referred us to a tavern in town for yummy hamburgers and fries. Our room was large and very comfortable overlooking the Green River. The breakfast was the best! Made to order breakfast with whatever my heart desired. They really know how to treat a guest! The owner even sat down and visited me when I was eating. I will be back!

Room Tip: We stayed in a king bed overlooking the river
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 November 2013

An established property with large, comfortable and clean rooms, a good bed and quiet. Front desk personnel friendly and helpful as was person in dining area. Hot breakfast that was quite good. Nice location on river. Would return.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank sueprc
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I had occasion to stay in the River Terrace Inn the first time about 4 years ago, I was very impressed by it as it was an older established property, the service was good, the room was very clean and they had a decent breakfast with eggs & misc to order. The room price then (if I remember correctly) was around 69.00 to 79.00 p/night which I thought then was a bit on the high side, but considering what else was available in town, was worth it.
This trip I was heading to Salt Lake City which is only 2.5 to 3 hr additional travel, and it was early enough in the day I could have made it to SLC, but since last time I had a positive experience here I decided to stay the night in the River Terrace Inn again.Needless to say It was a little bit disappointing, Service still friendly and ok, and the room was still very clean, bed ok, but rooms had not been updated at all, and still the old type tube tv which had very poor quality. I realize I didn't stop there to watch tv, but it would have been nice to have a decent picture. Next morning was breakfast, they still had the same type breakfast, but the young fellow taking and preparing our order talked very softly and was hard to understand, but we got thru that ok, and he made our eggs to order ok, That was the best part of breakfast, additionally they had bacon and hash brown potato's in their warmer , the bacon was a cheap thin strip microwave bacon which was tasteless and not good to eat, the hash browns were greasy and soggy and not edible. The Room rate was 101.65 including tax. They really need to upgrade the property somewhat to justify this kind of rate. For Comparison, the next night we stayed in a newer Hyatt in the SLC area, where we had excellent service, very nice furnishings, and an excellent breakfast for 95.00 per night including tax.
Summary: Overall, Next time I travel to SLC and happen to go thru Green River Utah, I will opt not to stay at the River Terrace Inn, but will make plans to go the distance for better facility and better price. The dated furnishings, poor breakfast, and high price are the deal breakers for me.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the river are good.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends