“What a great place in the middle of nowhere!”
Review of River Terrace Inn

River Terrace Inn
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Green River
Worland, Wyoming
“What a great place in the middle of nowhere!”
Reviewed 11 April 2014

If you are traveling through Utah on I70 or need a place to stay at night while you explore the desert around Green River, UT, this is the place to stay! The breakfast is amazing!! So many options, even made to order omelets are available. The River Terrace Inn is usually cheaper than places in Moab, and it is centrally located to many great National Parks. The furnishings may be slightly dated, but the rooms have always been very clean.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Zack I

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
  • Czech first
Murrieta, California
Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel late March on our way to Moab. I selected it based on reviews on Travel Advisor. I was expecting more based on the $111 rate (higher rate than our previous stops and much more dingy). The Decor is way out of date, which I can handle, but not for that price. The entry, stair, and hall areas had an unpleasant odor upon entering ( room smelled fine), it looked like the carpets needed a better vacuuming, and our bathroom floor was dirty. (I used damp tissues to wipe there two large spots which I was thinking were stains, but I was shocked when they came up. Yuck!) the best part was the breakfast: the made to order French toast was delicious and the gentleman taking the orders was very friendly. Long wait though, so now I know why they say "come early!" I wouldn't stay here again for this price, maybe for $70 and I bring disinfecting wipes for the bathroom.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Dana M
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I love dogs & I do not disagree with any motel for not allowing dogs. Some people prefer to stay where no dogs have stayed. I totally understand. I'm in my late fifty’s and I have a little 12 pound Bichon Frise who was not traveling with me. I also have to agree with most of the reviews about this place. Nice river view, nice rooms, nice breakfast with humming birds etc. Mater of fact, I wanted to make a special destination trip back just to show my wife. BUT, when casually talking to the owner in the parking lot, he mentioned he would just as soon shoot a dog as to look at it. That was a BIG DEAL BREAKER for me. I will never give money to a person like that. By the way, he didn’t know I was leading up to asking about his pet policy when he said that.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Hungry98
Bainbridge Island, Washington
Reviewed 2 April 2014

The room with two queen beds is spacious, accommodation is comfortable and considerably quiet although busy because it was Spring break for most families. The location is ideal for stopping on our way to Moab from Boise, Idaho. The best part is breakfast...you are offered a choice of maybe 4-5 omelettes, pancake, waffle, oatmeal, grits, sausage or bacon...in addition to the spread already in the breakfast room. Then they prepare your order and bring that to your table. Wow! it makes you feel like you are at a 5 star hotel. Very pleasant experience for us!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank orsotnas
Estes Park, Colorado
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

Clean room, friendly staff, and superb breakfast! Be sure to request a room facing the River. Bed very comfortable. Furnishings nicely done and balcony very relaxing to watch river flow. Limited seating at breakfast so go early. Omelets are wonderful!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Deming, New Mexico
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Stay here while checking out Arches National Park about 45 minutes to the south. Great hotel, large rooms, plenty of amenities, but beds were way too soft. Hotel offers a made to order breakfast along with your regular continental fare. All amazingly well prepared and tasty. I was looking forward to a dip in the hot tub but it was not up and running. Very disappointed as the weather was gorgeous. If this hotel had Select Comfort beds this could be a 3 star hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
san carlos, son
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I've driven through Green River Utah more times than I can count but this was the first time I actually spent the night. We picked the place based on tripadvisor reviews and glad we did. The Hotel is old but well maintained. Rooms are huge. The place has a late 60s/early 70s feel and I'd guess it was initially built to be somewhat of a resort. We joked that it seemed like we were on the set of Mad Men and expected to see Don Draper at any moment. They allow no smoking or pets which is a good thing. Beds are comfortable and the breakfast includes a cooked to order omelette which was a nice touch. If I were to nit pic, I'd suggest they get flat screen TVs.

Room Tip: Get a river view room
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple