“Can you say Bates Motel?....an adventure to remember.”
Review of Book Cliff Lodge

Book Cliff Lodge
Homestead, Florida
“Can you say Bates Motel?....an adventure to remember.”
Reviewed 4 September 2012 via mobile

Truckers stay for $25 per night. This place may have been grand in the 1970s, but now it rates right up there with the Bates Motel. Got two rooms for $75 and then they took off $5 more because they advertise as a. AAA motel and I am a member. The place was seriously a disgrace...but the know it and so...the cheap price. The person at the front desk suggested that I look at the rooms before paying because they cannot for refunds. I saw the rooms...but decided to stay and make it a real adventure. Beds were clean but old...shower and refrigerator worked. It was an adventure...I doubt I will ever stay in Green River again...sadly the town seems to be headed towards being a ghost town.

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank evphipps

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 25 August 2012

After reading very bad reviews I was afraid,but it was realiy not bad,we have got a huge room with micro oven, fregider,TV,conditioner,and everything was working.the room and bathroom were clean,and all facilities was not new ,but Ok.I Think we have got very good value for many ,that we paid
We paid 55$ vie booking .com, and owner ask only 35 $ and this fact was really disappoint,a stuff was a little bit drank

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank bora_bora_11
Chevy Chase, Maryland
Reviewed 9 July 2012

This place is a complete disgrace. We booked online through Booking.com with the intention of supporting a small local business. This motel is totally misrepresented in the online advertisement. We do never intend to use Booking.com again, they clearly do not care about quality service.
Upon arrival, we were completely horror stricken -- Psycho soundtrack sounding and red flags waving. This place looked like a dump and was completely deserted. Meeting the staff only made the impression way scarier. After checking out the place a little more by taking a tour of the rooms, we were sure this would not be the place to get a restful nights sleep for our family. There were no signs of other guests despite it being a prime hotel check-in hour. Many rooms we passed had just piles of debris sitting in them. A big lonely dog barked down the hall. On the ground outside where the ice machine maybe once was located was a wind swept pile of leaves and a child's deserted big doll (Where did that child go?). The swimming pool had no water despite it being July... lawn furniture and empty beer cans and other trash scattered on the bottom. The owners are supposedly out of state.
A refund was not possible from either Book Cliff Lodge nor Booking.com. We went two blocks down the road and spend the night at a big-chain hotel: clean, friendly, cheaper, pool and breakfast.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank 8794

Travellers are raving about these Green River hotels

La Jolla, California
Reviewed 2 July 2012

This is a horrible hotel, it was nasty bugs in the bathroom, stains all over the chairs, air conditioning was held in by pieces of wood on the floor (also did not cool room even at night).

We slept with the light on it was so bad.

Says AAA approved-they really should stay there and take a look, run down horrible hotel with get this "new management".

Stained chairs, bugs, hot and horrible

Pool has a table in it and was drained.

I think this is the worst hotel/motel I have ever stayed in.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank MarsReviews
Mapleton, Utah, United States
Reviewed 22 June 2012

Absolutely horrible! ripped bed spread, stains on carpet and all over bed! spider webs all over, dusty, old, stinky! never again will i very even get near this place. we didnt even stay the night, couldnt let myself. check in, checked out 2 hours later after we found another place!!!!!

Room Tip: nothing will help you improve your horrible room.