“If you like grease....”

Red Rock Restaurant
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed 29 April 2010

We saw the sign that said "New management". Since we've eaten here in the past and it was so-so at best, we thought we'd give it a try. The management was fine, the two ladies working there were very sweet. However, our lunches (we both ordered patty melts) were literally dripping grease. The restaurant badly needs a facelift (just a coat of paint and a good scrubbing would work wonders). This place will work if you're starving, but we won't waste our money again. If you want actual food, hit the market or drive to Torrey.

Reviewed 4 April 2010

Outside two new signs read 'NEW MANAGEMENT' and the another boasts 'Fine Dining', so, given that now at this point I was stuck in Hanksville I though I'd give it a go.

First of all you won't get any alcohol here, the Utah authorities feel they issued enough licences apparently.

The menu is simple as indeed is the cuisine. Simple but good, not great, but good.

This restaurant , and it is a restaurant is trying to do something in the one horse town and I congratulate them for that.

The tables and chairs are very basic, perhaps this will improve in time if the restaurant get the support it deserves and they get a little braver with the menu.

The service I recieved was very good. Polite etc.

My view is if you don't want cafe food and something just a little upmarket for that go to the Red Rock Restaurant and then, for heaven's sake, drive on for some decent accommodation. At least you won't have to worry about drinking and driving. Some consolation ....

Reviewed 24 October 2009

... or other vegetable which have a long trip to Hanksville. We ordered both a Cesar Salad after waiting 15 min to be served. The salad was a couple of days old and tasted ugly. But the steaks maybe looked good at the first sight on the other plates of the customers.

A guy near to our motel recommended this restaurant as very expensive but great. Hey, thanks to the exchange rate to the Euro, it was really low priced.

Reviewed 17 October 2009

We were promptly seated and served water, then waited for more than 20 minutes while the waiters ignored us, until we finally walked out. I could see them in the back, and fewer than half the tables were full so I doubt the problem was that they were too busy. They also walked past us twice to serve other tables. We have no idea what the food tastes like, but the new management has apparently not helped the service.

Reviewed 30 August 2009

We have eaten their in the past it was very poor service ,and the food was awful. This year it is under new management and its absoluley wonderful the green chile is the best you can buy the steaks are wonderful . I would reccomend this place to all new comers the service is fantastic. It was nice to find a place like this in the middle of knowhere.