Whispering Sands Motel
Capitol Reef Resort(Torrey)(Great Value!)
US$198
Noor Hotel(Torrey)(Great Value!)
US$159
US$155
US$198
Official Site
The Rim Rock Inn(Torrey)(Great Value!)
US$120
Hanksville Inn(Hanksville)
Hotels.com
Sunlit Oasis(Torrey)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsgoblin valleysmall townlake powellcapitol reefburger placecontinental breakfastcabin roomsgas stationstan's burger shackan oasis in the desertconvenience storeremote locationplace to stayovernight stopworked finemicrowave and refrigeratorcoffee maker
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 October 2013

If you are in this part of Utah, you are off the beaten path. But here is a clean, comfortable motel to rest your head. The owners are kind. The price is reasonable and the amenities are quite nice. Plus we enjoyed the complimentary breakfast before heading to Capitol Reef. Nice spot in the middle of nowhere.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 October 2013

We have stayed here several times as we passed through this part of Utah. The owners are wonderful. The motel is clean. There are not a lot of frills but all the basics are covered!! Be sure to have a burger and fries at Stan's!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We were on a motorcycle trip west and at the end of the day fortunately discovered this place.Very comfortable,chairs outside the room,to enjoy the warm night(August) great restaurant nearby.Breakfast was a little walk away,somewhat unusual for us lazy ones!Laundry available,otherwise a nice little spot to stay!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
dukjes, Manager at Whispering Sands Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

Thank you for your review. I hope that if you are this way again you will stop and stay with us.

Reviewed 29 September 2013

Stopped for the night our our way to Lake Powell. The room was comfortable and clean. The continental breakfast did not have a lot of choices but met the need. The Internet was very slow. Overall, it is a good place to stop overnight in Hanksville.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I've stayed here a few times before over the past few years, and believed it to be the best choice in Hanksville. The room is clean, everything works, the bathroom has good water pressure with no shortage of hot water. However, customer service needs a lot of help. After I checked in, I emailed my wife that I had arrived, she then called the hotel and asked to be connected to my room. The lady on the phone told her no one was in my room. We kept emailing so my wife knew I was there - but we wanted to talk on the phone. My wife kept calling, explaining that we were emailing so she knew I was there. The manager then told my wife that my room's phone was broken. I tried it and It was working fine. Finally after 2 hours and several calls from my wife, the manager came to my room (the office was all of 10 steps away) and said I could take the call in the motel office, which I did. My wife said the manager was rude to her on the phone, kept putting her on hold, and let the phone sit for a long time while she was waiting, long enough that she had to hang up and call again. I was expecting some sort of apology from the manager after speaking to my wife on the phone, but what I got was "just leave the key in the room when you check out". Despite my previous good experience here, I will not stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
dukjes, Manager at Whispering Sands Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2013

I am sorry you feel that way. I tried countless times to transfer calls to your room. I did tell your wife the first time she called that there was no answer so I didn't think you were in. At the time I didn't realize the transfers were not connecting with your room. I tried explaining this to your wife each time she called. She did get put on hold several times because I was with customers. I did offer you my office phone to take out side to talk to your wife and you declined.I did apologize to you while you were in my office after you hung up with your wife. Very sorry you felt that I did not take care of this properly.