“southern utah trip”

Whispering Sands Motel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Hanksville
Reviewed 10 October 2013

this motel has very cute cabins. comfortable to stay in and quiet. The staff wasn't as friendly as they should be, but she was congenial. if you have to stay in Hanksville, then this is the best place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 6 October 2013

I made a reservation for two rooms by calling the motel directly. I spoke with a young man who took my credit card information and told me I was confirmed. But now, one day prior to arriving, we are told we have no reservation and and they are completely booked. The woman I spoke with was rude and acted completely apathetic. We were looking forward to staying here but we'll never attempt to do so again.

Room Tip: If you decide to make a reservation, do so online and print a hard copy. Otherwise there's no g...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Todd H
dukjes, General Manager at Whispering Sands Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Dear Sir, I am sorry that you feel I was rude to you when you called to check on your reservations. It is unfortunate that I had no record of you in our system and you had no confirmation number. That night was completely booked since the beginning of Sept. I am sorry I was unable to help the situation. I do understand that humans do make mistake and I am sorry that you were unable to stay with us because of an error on our part. Please except my apology.

Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed here one night. Cozy "cabin" room. Very good bath towels. Well equipped with frig, mwave and friendly owner. Good continental breakfast provided free. Convenient to Goblin Valley State Park and Little Wildhorse Slot Canyon. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 October 2013

If you are in this part of Utah, you are off the beaten path. But here is a clean, comfortable motel to rest your head. The owners are kind. The price is reasonable and the amenities are quite nice. Plus we enjoyed the complimentary breakfast before heading to Capitol Reef. Nice spot in the middle of nowhere.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 October 2013

We have stayed here several times as we passed through this part of Utah. The owners are wonderful. The motel is clean. There are not a lot of frills but all the basics are covered!! Be sure to have a burger and fries at Stan's!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We were on a motorcycle trip west and at the end of the day fortunately discovered this place.Very comfortable,chairs outside the room,to enjoy the warm night(August) great restaurant nearby.Breakfast was a little walk away,somewhat unusual for us lazy ones!Laundry available,otherwise a nice little spot to stay!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
dukjes, Manager at Whispering Sands Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

Thank you for your review. I hope that if you are this way again you will stop and stay with us.

Reviewed 29 September 2013

Stopped for the night our our way to Lake Powell. The room was comfortable and clean. The continental breakfast did not have a lot of choices but met the need. The Internet was very slow. Overall, it is a good place to stop overnight in Hanksville.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hanksville
National 9 Inn
National 9 Inn
#1 of 2 in Wellington
Duke's Slickrock Campground & RV Park
Sunlit Oasis
Sunlit Oasis
#6 of 8 in Torrey

Been to Whispering Sands Motel? Share your experiences!