We chose to stay at the Whispering Sands Motel on our way to Capitol Reef National Park. The motel was a big surprise. While a lot of hotels and motels next to popular tourist destinations do not deliver great value and service for the money they charge, the Whispering Sands Motel is a pleasant exception from this sad rule.
The motel offers regular sized motel rooms in their main building as well as spacier rooms in a building where each room resembles a typical Amish barn from the outside. The rooms were spotless and check-in was fast, efficient and friendly. The same family also operates some other businesses in Hanksville such as Blondie's, the gas station and Dan's Burger Shack. Most of these locations had already limited opening hours due to the fact that we were travelling outside of peak-season. Why do I mention this? You absolutely have to try the shakes and malts at Dan's Burgher Shack! Thank's for a nice, comfy and clean stay to the entire team of the Whispering Sands Motel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Hanksville motel gives you a great central location in the grand circle of southern Utah's national parks; this is why Whispering Sands Motel is premium Hanksville lodging. Enjoy the Satellite TV, wireless internet, air conditioning, and clean/comfy rooms that do include Fridge, microwave, coffee maker, hairdryer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Whispering Sands Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Whispering Sands Hotel Hanksville
- Whispering Sands Hanksville
- Whispering Sands Motel Hanksville, Utah