“great food, amazingly friendly”

Blondie's Eatery & Gift
Ranked #3 of 6 Restaurants in Hanksville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We had lunch and breakfast at Blondie's and were impressed not only by the great quality food and fair prices but the over-the-top friendliness of the staff. they treated us like they had been waiting for us all day and were genuinely glad we came.

There are newer reviews for Blondie's Eatery & Gift

Reviewed 17 May 2014

We were biking (bicycling) through Utah and had stayed in Hanksville the night before. We wanted to get on the road early, so planned a 7AM breakfast at Blondie's. Scooter (Blondie's daughter) was having car trouble so arrived a bit late to find 16 hungry cyclists standing at the front door. She handled things with aplomb. Coffee was ready in 10 minutes and food began to arrive 5 minutes after that. The food was good - and Scooter handled her job as the ultimate waitress. It was a great breakfast moment.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

The first time going through this little town there were two young ladies working there and one doing the cooking. They were chatting between themselves so much that they did not get our order straight, so we left without eating. The second trip there was today. I ordered a Carmel Milk Shake along with a bacon burger. I specifically asked for a real milk shake thin enough to drink with a straw. I also specifically asked that NO onions or pickles be placed on my hamburger.

I received a cup of solid ice cream, no milk mixture with a dribble of carmel syrup over it. I asked the guy making my order to thin it with milk, that's the idea of why they call it a milk shake. He told me that he makes this this way, period, so I deleted the cup of ice cream from my meal. I then received a bacon burger with cheese I did not ask for over my bacon, not my burger, he burned the bun, top and bottom, and he added onions and pickles. Will be the last visit to this dump.

1  Thank John B
Reviewed 6 April 2014

You cannot be picky in Hanksville, but the breakfast was very good, good basic american breakfast. Right on the road and on the other side of the road from the Whispering sand motel.

Reviewed 24 January 2014

I had driven down to Goblin Valley State Park from Salt Lake City to do some hiking. I figured I would get some lunch in Hanksville and then drive over to Torrey to spend the night. I really wanted a yummy hamburger and french fries. While it is the off-season in most southern Utah towns, I was so happy Blondie's was open. I got my very delicious cheeseburger, fresh french fries, and an ice-cold cherry coke. Really friendly service, nice restroom facilities, and a big menu. Would definitely stop here again the next time I am in the area.