“Clean, nice location.”

Holiday Inn Express Heber City
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Heber City
“Clean, nice location.”
Reviewed 11 September 2013

We were on a 16 day vacation and decided to take the train ride in Heber City, we wanted some place close to stay. I looked up places on my phone, called the central reservation number for Holiday Inn Express. They made the reservation and we were pleasantly surprised. The hotel is tucked away in a beautiful city, with plenty of places to eat and beautiful mountains to view!! It was clean, the breakfast was good and the closeness to attractions was nice.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank pammartino

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Modesto
Reviewed 9 September 2013

My room was large, clean and comfortable. I slept well on the comfortable bed with fresh sheets. The bathroom was clean and the towels were luxurious. The room had all the amenities a traveler needs. The entire hotel seemed quite and peaceful throughout my stay.

The front desk staff were extraordinary. The check in and out was fast and efficient. When I booked the reservation, the agent was very friendly and helpful. I was given a complimentary bottle of water at check in and wished a pleasant stay. The kindness bestowed upon a weary traveller is very welcome.

Breakfast had a nice selection of food choices in a clean environment. The attendant came up to me and asked if I needed anything. This is very unusual for hotel chain breakfasts!

This is a very well run hotel. I hope I will have the opportunity to stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Modestotrekkerl
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Me and my husband stayed here for our anniversary. We had an ATV excursion planned in Midway the next day so we wanted to be close. We did not get a chance to try out the pool/spa.

Pros-

Good location, clean room, comfortable bed, good breakfast. Standard expectations were met.

Cons-

When we checked in the front desk staff were not friendly, almost like it was a bother to be checking us in (on time).

This hotel is located right at an intersection from the provo highway, so late night/early morning we heard when big trucks would drive by. Luckily I sleep with earplugs, but I'm not sure if this was the reason my husband woke up earlier than usual.

The breakfast was severely picked over an hour before the time was supposed to end. It took 15 minutes for them to somewhat restock. My only complaint is that we would have been done eating for the time we had to wait. No hot water anytime while we were there (30-45 minutes).

When checking out we were on time. Nobody was at the counter, so me and my husband stood there for 5 minutes talking. A lady poked her head around the corner and said, "Oh, I didn't know anyone was there!"..... she was sitting at a desk directly around the corner and I'm sure she could hear us talking even though she couldn't see us. Not a huge deal, but we needed to be somewhere and didn't want to wait.

Overall, I'd recommend this place. We got it for $64 a night ($77 after fees) using the Priceline express tool. Can't beat that price for what you get.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Brooke M
Rapid City, South Dakota
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We have stayed at the Holiday Inn Express twice and both times have absolutely no complaints. Clean, friendly, good breakfast. Would definitely stay there again and recommend to anyone. The location is very easy to find and the grounds are very nice and clean. My daughter used the fitness room and was very satisfied with that too.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Clearfield, Utah, United States
Reviewed 23 August 2013

We booked two nights here to get away for our anniversary. It was easy to find, and conveniently located. We got a King Jacuzzi room. It was spacious and enjoyable. The bed was very firm, so if you like a firm mattress, you are in luck. It was a little too hard for us. Breakfast was what you would expect from a Holiday Inn Express. Plenty of variety and served fresh. Close to Park City, Midway and Wasatch Mountain State Park.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Wendi C
Ithaca, New York
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Stayed here 2 nights- check in was easy & friendly. The hotel is fairly modem and has an indoor pool etc but I didn't use it. There is a lift (elevator) and my room was large and very comfortable. I had a whirl pool bath tub, which was nice- although it is placed next to the bed- however it has its own extract fan. However I did find that the hot water was a bit hit & miss (I guess lots of guests were filling their whirl pool tubs at the same time as me?) so maybe they could do with an upgrade of the hot water supply. Otherwise couldn't fault the room. I didn't have breakfast so cannot comment on that. Free WiFi was good and fast. Only down side is I found it a bit difficult to access the hotel from the main road if you are driving so you need to turn left into the parking lot- you have to cut across 3 lanes.

Heber City is an interesting place- I would advise a visit to 'Dairy Keen' if you are partial to ice cream and burgers :)

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank AmandaClaireBrown
DFW
Reviewed 7 August 2013

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express again because the mom and pop motels in Heber scare me. I'm sure they're fine--they get decent reviews--but I like recognizable chains.

It has changed a little since my previous visit, except that their prices are fairly out of whack. I called for a room only a couple of hours before arrival, and they said they had "plenty," and told me it would be $135. For Heber!?! Are they crazy? No wonder they have "plenty" even on Demolition Derby night (Saturday, 7/27) when they probably should have been full. (I wasn't there for the Derby, though.) After pointing out that something is better than nothing when they have so many vacant rooms, he offered it to me at $109.

The room was essentially the same as before, the bathroom in a little disrepair with the tub spout separated from the wall probably creating all kinds of water damage in the wall. Also, the cable TV was out. And since this property doesn't even have pay-per-view movies or anything else, my stay was *really* dull. I called the desk about the cable and he just said, "Yeah, it went out Friday and we can't do anything until Monday." I find it odd that they wouldn't have made fixing that a priority regardless of any overtime they might have to pay. The room was barely worth the reduce rate, and now it seemed not even worth that.

It sadly seems in rapid decline in just the couple of times I've been there in the past few years. And I still cannot reach the Jolly Green Giant shower head to adjust the spray. Next time I will remember that my cousin told me he could get me a good rate at The Homestead through his employer.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank SavvyCat64
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Heber City, responded to this review, 23 August 2013
Dear SavvyCat64,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your recent stay with us. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you have experienced and for the room conditions that did not meet your expectations. Rest assured that the issues you have raised has been documented and will be forwarded to the appropriate departments for necessary actions. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Janice A
Newpark Resort & Hotel
Newpark Resort & Hotel
#12 of 60 in Park City
Best Western Plus Landmark Inn & Pancake House

Been to Holiday Inn Express Heber City? Share your experiences!