“Great little hotel in a Great little town”

Holiday Inn Express Heber City
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Heber City
Chicago, Illinois
“Great little hotel in a Great little town”
Reviewed 2 November 2013

This was my first visit to the Heber Valley area and I must say the hotel has a fantastic location. Right on Main St. plus easy drive to Park City or to Uinta National Forest. So much to do around the area. As for the hotel itself....very clean, excellent service and VERY BIG rooms! A must place to stay if coming to Heber City.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank RobertO724

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Oro Valley, az
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Excellent hotel. Friendly, efficient staff, and great rooms. I would highly recommend this hotel.
The nearby Heber Creeper is a fun old railroad to ride. Beautiful scenery and a fun excursion--a must if you have never tried it. Touched by an Angle episodes were filmed here.

Room Tip: All of the rooms we saw were very nice.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank L J
Reviewed 11 September 2013

We were on a 16 day vacation and decided to take the train ride in Heber City, we wanted some place close to stay. I looked up places on my phone, called the central reservation number for Holiday Inn Express. They made the reservation and we were pleasantly surprised. The hotel is tucked away in a beautiful city, with plenty of places to eat and beautiful mountains to view!! It was clean, the breakfast was good and the closeness to attractions was nice.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank pammartino
Modesto
Reviewed 9 September 2013

My room was large, clean and comfortable. I slept well on the comfortable bed with fresh sheets. The bathroom was clean and the towels were luxurious. The room had all the amenities a traveler needs. The entire hotel seemed quite and peaceful throughout my stay.

The front desk staff were extraordinary. The check in and out was fast and efficient. When I booked the reservation, the agent was very friendly and helpful. I was given a complimentary bottle of water at check in and wished a pleasant stay. The kindness bestowed upon a weary traveller is very welcome.

Breakfast had a nice selection of food choices in a clean environment. The attendant came up to me and asked if I needed anything. This is very unusual for hotel chain breakfasts!

This is a very well run hotel. I hope I will have the opportunity to stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Modestotrekkerl
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Me and my husband stayed here for our anniversary. We had an ATV excursion planned in Midway the next day so we wanted to be close. We did not get a chance to try out the pool/spa.

Pros-

Good location, clean room, comfortable bed, good breakfast. Standard expectations were met.

Cons-

When we checked in the front desk staff were not friendly, almost like it was a bother to be checking us in (on time).

This hotel is located right at an intersection from the provo highway, so late night/early morning we heard when big trucks would drive by. Luckily I sleep with earplugs, but I'm not sure if this was the reason my husband woke up earlier than usual.

The breakfast was severely picked over an hour before the time was supposed to end. It took 15 minutes for them to somewhat restock. My only complaint is that we would have been done eating for the time we had to wait. No hot water anytime while we were there (30-45 minutes).

When checking out we were on time. Nobody was at the counter, so me and my husband stood there for 5 minutes talking. A lady poked her head around the corner and said, "Oh, I didn't know anyone was there!"..... she was sitting at a desk directly around the corner and I'm sure she could hear us talking even though she couldn't see us. Not a huge deal, but we needed to be somewhere and didn't want to wait.

Overall, I'd recommend this place. We got it for $64 a night ($77 after fees) using the Priceline express tool. Can't beat that price for what you get.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Brooke M
Rapid City, South Dakota
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We have stayed at the Holiday Inn Express twice and both times have absolutely no complaints. Clean, friendly, good breakfast. Would definitely stay there again and recommend to anyone. The location is very easy to find and the grounds are very nice and clean. My daughter used the fitness room and was very satisfied with that too.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Clearfield, Utah, United States
Reviewed 23 August 2013

We booked two nights here to get away for our anniversary. It was easy to find, and conveniently located. We got a King Jacuzzi room. It was spacious and enjoyable. The bed was very firm, so if you like a firm mattress, you are in luck. It was a little too hard for us. Breakfast was what you would expect from a Holiday Inn Express. Plenty of variety and served fresh. Close to Park City, Midway and Wasatch Mountain State Park.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Best Western Plus Landmark Inn & Pancake House
Hyatt Place Park City
Hyatt Place Park City
#8 of 60 in Park City

Been to Holiday Inn Express Heber City? Share your experiences!