“It is what it is.”

Ranked #3 of 3 Heber City B&B and Inns
Logan, Utah
“It is what it is.”
Reviewed 2 July 2013

If you are just passing through and need a night to stay somewhere, its worth it. Most people who are staying there are long term people. The Manager is aloof to most things. Will blame others and you for mistakes he makes most of the time. Not a clean place on the outside. Breakfast ( If you can call it that ) is small and confined. Busy main street traffic. People walking on the second floor is loud. Garbage Truck on Thursday mornings at 3 AM is really loud.

Room Tip: Pay Cash. Don't deal with credit card issue as has been warned on here. The reason he does it in...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Cody, Wyoming
Reviewed 5 June 2013

I must reiterate what so many reviewers here have said. M-Star charges your card even if you cancel well within their cancellation policy. I booked a room but had to cancel a week before check in. The cancellation policy is that you must cancel at least 24 hours before. I called the hotel after seeing a pending charge on my credit card. Like other reviewers I got no answer. After several attempts I did get an answer and the man said he would call back the next day when I told him of my pending charge. He did not call back and my pending charge became a charge 6 days later. So I think it's best to avoid this hotel

Room Tip: Don't reserve as if you cancel or change you will likely still be charged and have a battle to g...
Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
McKinnon, Wyoming, United States
Reviewed 30 May 2013

We made a reservation to stay here the evening of May 24. Went to check in after daughters rodeo at 10:44 p.m. There was a note saying they were booked and to call Brent with a number, it said he would be back at 7:30p.m. I called, texted and left messages. Never did get hold of anyone had to go find another room. I went back the next morning and could not find anyone who would admit to working there. Called the number and left another message. The phone number listed is disconnected. Now on wednesday May 29 there is a pending charge on my credit card for this Motel. Have contacted the Chamber of Commerece and they are checking into it. I contacted Magnuson Hotels because I made the reservation through there website and was informed that they have blocked this Hotel from all of there websites. They informed me that they are unable to get hold of anyone and that the hotel is not returning any calls.

Room Tip: Do not make a reservation here you will be ripped off.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
St. George, Utah
Reviewed 6 May 2013

Had a reservation but when I showed up to check-in there was nobody at the front desk. No note or anything about being "back in" in such-and-such time. After waiting a while went and checked in elsewhere. Went back to leave a note about having to go elsewhere and found Brent there. Said he had a family emergency. If that was the case he could have left a note or something indicating the situation. On top of that their primary number was disconnected. Even Expedia (who I made the reservation through) didn't have any way to contact them.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank CurtisLB
Grantsville, Utah
Reviewed 12 February 2013

We stayed here this past weekend and had a great time. The manager Brent was very friendly and helpfully with our questions about the area. The room was large and very clean with an assortment of samples to make our stay more comfortable. We will definately be staying here again. Also, a good breakfast with excellent coffee.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Prineville, Oregon
Reviewed 9 November 2012

We had stayed at this hotel 3 yrs ago and at that time we would not have gone back. It is under new management and we will be staying there again next year.....the improvements are terrific, rooms have been redone, wifi added, coffee bar and the new staff is very good, helpful and friendly. Rooms are large, comfortable with a fridge and microwave. When the improvents are finished to the outside and the parking lots, it will get and excellent rating. Brent, the new owner had done a great job in a short time.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
St. George, Utah
Reviewed 18 September 2012

We reserved this hotel because we were attending a family reunion up in the mountains and wanted somewhere to shower every other day. We came to the hotel straight from another trip so we had quite a bit of luggage. When we arrived we placed our previous trip luggage in the room and headed up camping. We came down two days later to shower and when we pulled into the parking lot, the manager came running up to us . He informed us that he had someone else who needed our room, and since we technically weren't staying there, that he moved our things and gave our room away!!! Is this ok? He then told us that we could use one of the other rooms to shower in and that he would refund us the entire amount of our stay. He had repacked all of our luggage and placed it in a maids closet. Yes extremely strange that he would touch our clothes and personal items but what could we do? It has been over two months of calling almost daily and we still have no refund. He always takes my number and says that he will call me back. I have tried to be nice so far just hoping that he will refund our money but this is ridiculous! Just a warning that something is off at this hotel!!!!!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Newpark Resort & Hotel
#11 of 60 in Park City
Hampton Inn and Suites Park City
Stein Eriksen Lodge Deer Valley

Been to M Star Hotel Heber City? Share your experiences!