“I would not stay at this place”
Review of Mac's Motel

Mac's Motel
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Heber City
Riverton, Utah
“I would not stay at this place”
Reviewed 26 September 2011

I would not stay at this place I rate is a zero. I booked it for my son who got married that day. He went to check in at 3:00 there was a sign on the the door to call a number. He called and the man on the other end said that he could not get there until 4:00. so my son look a round and found a room open, looked in the front was of the dresser drawer, and the door was off a front of cabinet. He called back and told the man that he would not stay and requested a refund. which he was very rude. My son asked for the owners name and was told he would not give him the name. I booked this through Travelosity. I hope that go visit this place. It is a dump. It might be inexpensive. but it is no deal. They should fire the manager.

Room Tip: go to Holiday in my son did
Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Albert J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Grand Junction, Colorado
Reviewed 19 September 2011

The room was tiny and the motel older, but it was very clean. The walls are pretty thin, I could hear the TV next door clearly. There was no one at the front desk when I went to check out, so I left my key on the table in the room and a note at the lobby entrance. I only stayed one night, I could see how the room might not be appropriate for a longer stay (due to the size). If I am ever in Herber City again, I will probably stay here due to the price.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Thadd_969
Vernal, Utah
Reviewed 3 January 2011

this is by far the nastiest motel i have ever stayed at
i was afraid to sleep in the sheets
so i sleep in mm clothes on top of the blanket
because there was no bed spread
the guy at the desk could barley speak broken english
and had no idea how to process my reservation
i was quoted $44.99
and the charge on my card revealed $58.00
i do not recommend this dive to anyone
i would have rather sleep in my car
i am surprised that expedia even had this place listed
reminds me of what a flop house might be

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank nothinfiner
Reviewed 22 July 2010

We stayed for a week and it was awsome price is best in town and staff and neighbors were very polite and friendly I don't see why someone would write a bad review and who ever did was just plain rude the first review I seen was hardly true I would highly recommend staying here they are great clean and very helpful with any other needs you may have! Great place great people great price and pet friendly all around a comfortable homey great place to stay I highly recommend it its a very friendly easy going place to stay for anyone great location too very close to everything you need we loved it and will definitely stay again

• Stayed December 2010
2 Thank alsmilesnsunshine
St. George, Utah
Reviewed 16 June 2010

Although I can appreciate them trying to keep costs down by having just basic amenities, our stay lacked even the basics.
We ran out of toilet paper of all things(twice), had to plead with the maid service to come in and clean(we stayed a few days), which they didn't do other than change the sheets, they didn't have any washcloths or hand towels. We ended up going to the store to buy toilet paper late at night and that's not something I even have to do at home!!
The comforters on the beds were covered in pet hair..and we don't own any pets.
The worst part is we woke up to some kind of rodent feces on the floor our last night there.
The beds were very uncomfortable and we had the worst two nights of sleep in our lives.
The location is great, and if they would get their act together it wouldn't be too bad of a place to stay if you're looking for inexpensive accommodations with basic amenities.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
Stein Eriksen Lodge Deer Valley
The Chateaux Deer Valley
The Chateaux Deer Valley
#9 of 60 in Park City

Been to Mac's Motel? Share your experiences!