“Back Country/Upset recovery/Bi-annual flight review”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of OK3 Air

OK3 Air
Ranked #5 of 9 Tours in Heber City
More attraction details
Owner description: OK3 AIR is a full-service, fixed-base operator (FBO), offering line services, aircraft maintenance, flight training, scenic tours, aerobatic rides, aircraft sales, and private charter planes.
Preston, Idaho, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Back Country/Upset recovery/Bi-annual flight review”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

I'm a fairly low time pilot. I fly a M35 Bonanza. I live in the Cache Valley, not far away from Heber City, Utah. My experience with Luke Waters and OK3 air was second to none. My goals in attending this 3 day course were simple: Become more comfortable in around the mountains, better understanding of mountatin weather, upset recovery (stalls and spins), and my Bi-annual flight review was due.
My experience began with the drive to Heber, Very nice 2 hour trip. The facility is gorgeous at OK3, clean and comfortable. I was not sure what to expect, having only been around the folks who helped me attain my private licence, who were great by the way.
Luke and I discussed my goals at length. We had visited on the phone prior. We moved through several hours of class work, which included a well thought out and layed out Power Point presentation. We then went and flew the 206 closer and slower to the mountains than I had ever been. It was great. OK3's planes are magnificent. The second day we were hampered by the fog for a bit in the morning. It soon burned off enough so Luke could get us out through a hole. A cool experience in and of it self. We flew to Hidden Splendor, Mexican Hat, and Ceder Mountain. Fantastic locations, incredible plane, killer instructor, amazing education.
We concluded on the third day with Pre-flight for the Extra, an amazing hour or so in the air in the Extra, and a post flight / post school de-brief.
OK3 Air and Luke Waters are second to none. I still have a healthy respect for the area to which I fly, If not more so now. The Wasatch range and surrounding mountains are big, beautiful, and great to fly around. I would encourage anyone interested in mountain flying and especially those seeking further training in upset recovery to look to OK3 Air and Luke Waters. It's money well spent for a priceless education. I hope to return for more in the fall of 2013.
Brett Naylor

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Brett N

Draper, Utah
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Aerobatic Training”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013

I came here because they are the only aerobatic school in Utah. I flew with a Chief Flight Instructor Luke Watters, because I wanted to get some training in Aerobatic to join the Navy. I appreciated the time and effort he took with every flight, and how well he adapted to how I best learn to fly a new and different aircraft. Its also really great because the Extra 300L is capable of recording the whole flight, so I always come home with a great souvenir. They have a great facility, and well maintained aircraft. The staff is also very nice, and helpful. The location is ideal because of the less amount of traffic in the area. Luke has convinced me to continue my training in aerobatics, and to try some back country flying later this fall.

3 Thank Amanda K
Sacramento, California, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Utah Backcountry Flight with OK3 Air”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013

I think every pilot has at least one flight where the magic and joy of aviation manifests itself in such a way that the flight will always be remembered and become the measuring stick for all others. Flying with Luke Watters of OK3 air to Cedar Mountain, Mexican Mountain, and Hidden Splendor airstrips was one such flight for me. The experience was absolutely thrilling. The beautiful scenery combined with the excitement of landing and taking off on dirt strips and flying through canyons and over mountain ridgelines was incredibly fun and breathtaking. Luke is also a great pilot to fly with and an ace at operating the GoPro camera. I’ve watched the videos of the flight over and over and can’t wait to get back to OK3 to do it again!

1 Thank Dan J
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very professional, most amazing scenery”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013 via mobile

I booked a flight for my best friend, his dad and myself for a wedding present. The pilot himself ( Loren) took the reservation and was very open to flying anywhere we wanted and made some good suggestions of places to see. Very smooth flight in a great plane. loren was very professional and let us mount a go pro on the wing strut which gave us amazing video of our flight. I will definitely book a flight on my next trip to utah!

1 Thank Gmtech398