“Good value and choices”

Ranked #5 of 64 Restaurants in Heber City
Price range: US$5 - US$12
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Dinner, Takeout
Description: The best Casual dinning in the Heber valley. Great food and service. We have something for everyone over 85 items on the menu. Hamburgers, Chicken Sandwiches, Garden Burgers, Franks, Pasta, Salad, Soup, Chili, Baked Potatoes, Fish & chips Hot & cold sandwiches, Kids menu & gluten free menu items.
Midway, Utah
“Good value and choices”
Reviewed 12 March 2014

This restaurant is quite new and a change from all the Mexican ones. The menu is extensive and relatively cheap. Serving sizes are large so enough to take home. There is no ambiance but food and price make it well worth a visit. Also, child friendly! Take-out available.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Roslyn G

Newport, Rhode Island
“Just Average”
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Just like everything else in Heber. Nothing new, nothing great. Dang it! Ok meat but over cooked. Nothing new with the chicken tenders. Onion rings kind of greasy and small. Stand at the counter to order and sit at a boring table that is close to a noisy kitchen. Good buns! I was just hoping for something new!

• Visited March 2014
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Good food and great variety”
Reviewed 21 February 2014

My family finally went to the Wasatch Back Grill after hearing from many friends that this was the place to go. It wasn't too busy when we arrived but after ordering we looked for a seat and a group had come in and joined all the tables creating no space for anyone else. We ended up cramming 4 people around a 2 person table. The food was prepared quickly but one of the orders was wrong and they had to go cook up a new meal. Still I would rate Wasatch Back a 4 because for Heber this is above average and a welcome sight for a town lacking tons of options.

The burgers were very good and the Fish & Chips were definitely above par. Someone had mentioned the Mac-n-cheese is a must, but it was just some basic mac-n-cheese in a styrofoam bowl, no flavor other than the salt & pepper I added.

Overall I can recommend this place for it's burgers or Fish-n-Chips but I cannot say the seating is always adequate and some of the items are just okay while others may be fantastic.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank MontanaPilot
Midway, Utah
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great grill”
Reviewed 8 February 2014

The perfect spot for a hamburger, patty melt, etc. Absolutely delicious food and wonderful service. You will not be disappointed. Best "grill type" food in the county!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Mtnmamainmidwy
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Pleasant Surprise”
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Some friends suggested we try this place. It's tiny, with the menu on plastic letter boards, so I wasn't expecting a gourmet meal. However, my daily special, a gorgonzola pesto burger, was amazing. I don't eat hamburgers a lot--after the first few bites, they usually feel too heavy for my stomach. Not this one. I don't know what the chef does--apparently some of the chefs from fancy Deer Valley restaurants are asking too--but it was probably the best burger I've ever had. My husband is dying to go back for another round of halibut fish and chips.

Our friends had the Wasatch Back Burger, and said it was terrific. The toppings were piled high. Their sweet potato fries were batter dipped, and the one I tried was the best I've tasted.

They do close early--we went on a Friday night, and they were already getting ready to pack it in by nine (maybe an unusual event, I don't know). He forgot to lettuce wrap my burger, but was so accommodating about everything else that I'm sure he would have re-done my order if asked. My burger came with such a good supply of lettuce on the side that I just made my own. We will definitely go back.

• Visited January 2014