“Catch-22-Food”

Ranked #39 of 64 Restaurants in Heber City
Midway, Utah
“Catch-22-Food”
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Here it is: These folks know exactly how to make authentic Chinese food!! However, they do not get enough business regularly to move the food through fast enough! It stinks but if these people would catch a lucky break and somehow move into a more customer friendly space, we'd probably all go there. But, they are in a semi-dirty little used-up space where you walk in and wonder 'is this an actual business' and as your about to turn and make a run for it, a sweet little lady comes out and starts helping.
I realized they had the right idea in the wrong place when I went in for take out on a Friday at lunch-time and it was totally empty. That is not a good sign. I've never actually seen the place full or even half full, so it makes me nervous about the quality of the food I'm getting. The last time I got food, these thoughts got me so nervous I think I hallucinated my food to being bad. (It wasn't) But, how can it be good at all when I'm 1 of maybe 15 customers? I wish someone would get these folks a decent spot to really do a good business! As far as now, I cannot recommend people to go there in good conscience.

• Visited May 2013

Provo, Utah
“Quiet, small, tasty”
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I was part of a group of 7 hungry people who went here last week. The place was small---had lousy air conditioning---but the food was good. It was typical Chinese-American food, and it tasted fine and had generous serving sizes. It's strictly a mom and pop kind of place, and that added to its charm.

Visited August 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing Orange Chicken! Recommend Dragon Star!”
Reviewed 25 July 2013

When you look at the building it seems shabby, but the food is quite the opposite! It is owned by a Chinese couple that do it all themselves. They are very genuine. Orange Chicken is by far a local favorite. You might as well forget Panda Express. Just try their food and judge for yourself. I am a local, have been going there for more than 5 years. I would send anyone that appreciates real, not frozen food to this place.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Authentiiceater
Heber City, Utah
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Food”
Reviewed 30 May 2013

I eat there all the time. All of the haters were having a bad day. Good food! I would recommend it to anyone. The lunch menu is a great value. Eating food as leftovers almost as good as the first time you get your food. Very nice Chinese couple runs restaurant. Food and accents are very authentic!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Jeff H
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Sometimes you SHOULD judge a book by its cover.”
Reviewed 26 March 2013

I had a client in for a day from China and as we passed Dragon Star he indicated we should try it out. I live here and had never tried it mainly because it looked like a place to avoid. Score 1 for me. The food was worse then a mall vendor and the place was a dump. My wife and I had been steered towards Canton City on the north end of Heber by a ton of locals so we were actually impressed with Chinese food in Heber. I would recommend skipping Dragon Star as the place just isn't clean. The utensils weren't clean and the food not worth it. Oh, but apparently there is "No mSg"....or at least that's whats written in horror-film handwriting on the windows....

Visited October 2012