“great food!'”

Dragon Star
Ranked #41 of 64 Restaurants in Heber City
“great food!'”
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

I love this little MOM and POP rest. the orange chicken is my favorite also the sesame chicken is off the hook and the couple who run it are so sweet pop is the cook and mom handles the front she is a little hard to under stand with her strong accent but she makes up for with her sweetness

Salt Lake City, Utah
“Don't Judge by Appearances”
Reviewed 28 January 2014

This is my daughter's very favorite restaurant ever.
It's interesting how people can be so put off by the location. Yes, it isn't an attractive building, but the food is WAY better than the other Chinese place in town. If you're looking for fancy, you'll have to drive to SLC. But for good, home-cooked Chinese by a husband a wife from China who work harder than just about anyone, this is worth a try.
If the basic surroundings put you off, you can always do what most do (and why I think this place is still going)--take your food home to enjoy.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Bslovetravel
“Better than Canton City”
Reviewed 3 January 2014

We ordered take-out: chicken and broccoli, dumplings, and chicken fried rice. The only misstep was the fried rice...it only had chicken and rice in it, no veggies or eggs. My mom said it was definitely better than Canton City (I've never been) and I thought it was pretty decent. Reasonably priced, good portions, and it was ready in 15 min.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Weheartpugs
Midway, Utah
“Catch-22-Food”
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Here it is: These folks know exactly how to make authentic Chinese food!! However, they do not get enough business regularly to move the food through fast enough! It stinks but if these people would catch a lucky break and somehow move into a more customer friendly space, we'd probably all go there. But, they are in a semi-dirty little used-up space where you walk in and wonder 'is this an actual business' and as your about to turn and make a run for it, a sweet little lady comes out and starts helping.
I realized they had the right idea in the wrong place when I went in for take out on a Friday at lunch-time and it was totally empty. That is not a good sign. I've never actually seen the place full or even half full, so it makes me nervous about the quality of the food I'm getting. The last time I got food, these thoughts got me so nervous I think I hallucinated my food to being bad. (It wasn't) But, how can it be good at all when I'm 1 of maybe 15 customers? I wish someone would get these folks a decent spot to really do a good business! As far as now, I cannot recommend people to go there in good conscience.

• Visited May 2013
Provo, Utah
“Quiet, small, tasty”
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I was part of a group of 7 hungry people who went here last week. The place was small---had lousy air conditioning---but the food was good. It was typical Chinese-American food, and it tasted fine and had generous serving sizes. It's strictly a mom and pop kind of place, and that added to its charm.

Visited August 2013