“Always great food and service”

Earl's Lodge Dining Room
Ranked #3 of 9 Restaurants in Huntsville
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating
Irvington, New York
“Always great food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2012

You can expect no less from anything at Snowbasin and the restaurants are no different. Everything on the menu at Earl's Lodge is amazing. For apre ski we love the blue cheese fondue with homemade potato chips for dipping. And one of the Utah brews (which keep getting better each year) to go with it !

Visited February 2012

West Jordan, Utah
“A Wrap on the Run”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2012

In the midst of the annual Wasatch Back Relay, our team stopped in to Earl’s Lodge to grab a bite to eat. I’d heard that the food at Snow Basin was good, and maybe because I was tired of Granola Bars and GU energy gel, the Chicken Caesar Wrap I ordered was the tastiest thing I ate that weekend. The Staff was fun and joked around with us, even when one of my team mates asked if they could make his wrap with the “Special Cheese” that would “make him run fast.”
It was about the most expensive thing I ate that weekend, but it was well worth it.

• Visited June 2012
Thomaston, Connecticut
“Best lodge in the USA??”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2012

Lot of nice lodges out there. Vail, Deer Valley, etc. But i think this is the best one. Love that stir-fry at Earl's lodge and the cheese and ale soup at the Needles lodge!

Visited January 2012
1 Thank RedSoxRule27
Layton, Utah
“Pay for the ambience, not the food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2008

Dining was advertised as a "Seafood Buffet". The cost was $45 per person, which included the gondola ride. The ride up the gondola in the dark was a novel experience, as well as romantic. When we arrived at the restaurant, the hostess guessed our last name (reservations are required). We quickly figured out that we were the last party reserved for the night at 8 PM.

The "seafood buffet" was not what we had been expecting. In fact, there was only one platter of cold seafood on the buffet (plus one hot fish). Crab claws had been advertised, but only crab claw shells remained on the platter. It was very odd; like someone had eaten the meat from the claws and thrown the shells back onto the platter. Also available were cold mussels, boiled shrimp, and two oysters.

The salad choices were minimal, but we had booked for the seafood. The mashed potatoes were delicious, as was the cooked fish.

There was a chef reheating ravioli and sauce to order. A man preparing sushi was beside him, but this turned out to be the worst tasting sushi we've ever eaten throughout the world. Even supermarket sushi tastes better. There was something very wrong with the rice used. It turned into paste in your mouth.

The "assortment of pastries" which was advertised turned out to be three different CAKES. Not even pies or cheesecake. I was extremely disappointed with the desert selection.

The lodge has a very nice decor, and we felt like we were hob-nobbing with the wealthy when we ate there. However, the ambience was somewhat ruined by the workers pulling all the table setting and cloths off every table but ours. We felt like we were being given the hint to hurry up, eat, and get out of there.

I understand that all the food must be transported via the gondola. However, I do not feel what was served remotely qualified as a "seafood buffet". The overall quality of the food was marginal at best. My $45 would have bought me a lot better quality of food down on 25th Street in Ogden.

1 Thank Outdoorpartner