Atomic Chalet Bed & Breakast
Valley House Inn(Huntsville)(Great Value!)
US$166
US$65
US$120
US$99
Agoda.com
All reviewshomemade breadpowder mountainbed and breakfastsnow basinan amazing hostwonderful weekendget awaywe've stayedgreat place to stayfrench toastski resortwessummerutahskiingfunreservoir
Reviewed 26 February 2014

My husband and I have just spent a week at the AtomicChalet in Huntsville. It was a great place to stay and I'd love to come back if we're ever in Utah again. It's only a short drive from Snowbasin and Powder Mountain and it looks like Huntsville has great summer activities as well.

Wes is the welcoming, informative and helpful host of this very comfy B&B. The breakfasts comprising fruit of the forest, yogurt and home made bread were healthy, coffee tasty, bed and pillows superbly soft, fireplace wood burning and music eclectic. The outside hot tub warmed or bodies after the day's skiing and Wes's advice on where to eat was always appreciated. Most importantly there were lots of power points to charge all our electrical devices!

The only negative - showers designed for Wes's tall friends and not short people. It would also be nice if the WiFi could be received In individual bedrooms.

But all in all, a great place to stay.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pakadama
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I recently returned to my home ski resort of Snowbasin after 30+ years. I wanted to stay near by, I found a room at the Atomic Chalet Bed and Breakfast. The Inn keeper Wes was a fabulous host, taking time to make sure all my needs were met. Offering breakfast of homemade bread (yum) fresh fruit, yogurt and granola. And some of the best coffee I have had in a while. It reminded me of the lovely B&B I have stayed in while visiting Europe. After a long day on the slopes I enjoyed the hot tub and a truly comfy bed with a great nights sleep. I cant wait to go back!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 January 2014

We wanted to ski Snow Basin and I planned on finding a cheap motel in Ogden when I stumbled upon a TripAdvisor review of the Atomic Chalet B&B. With 100% Excellent reviews, I felt we had to give it a chance and I'm so glad we did! First of all, I went to the website and saw that during ski season there is a 3 night minimum. We needed only 2, so I called the owner, Wes Welch. He was very flexible and was willing to let us stay the 2 nights. I love that he was that flexible. Then, when we pulled into the driveway, he was there to help carry in the luggage. The tone was set for the rest of the trip: Wes is very friendly, helpful, low-key and just plain nice. We felt very welcome there. Yes, he does have some rules: no shoes inside, no red wine or coffee in the rooms, but you know what, it's his place and I respect his pride in the place. It is a comfortable, pleasant place, with a billiards table and wood burning fireplace. Great, simple breakfast: homemade bread, yogurt, cereal, hard boiled eggs, coffee, etc. If you're looking for aromatherapy and dried flower arrangements, this is the wrong place. This is a B&B where men feel comfortable, more like staying with an old friend. All the creature comforts are there: hot tub, slippers, bathrobes, etc. And speaking of creatures, Wes has two of the most wonderful cats ever. Don't worry if you don't likes or have allergies, the cats are not allowed inside the B&B, Just don't try to steal them - we have dibs on them first!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Stayed here two nights on the way to a longer visit at Alta with some friends. We drove in from Colorado and got in very late. They made sure we would know how to get in and get to our room, and they were very accommodating. The room was big yet cozy and well-appointed. Good ski getaway type room - big bed, warm blankets, everything comfortable, nothing too fancy.

Wes made excellent breakfast with fresh bread every morning, and gave us a ton of good information about where to find the best snow, where to eat on mountain, and where to get dinner. Great value overall.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2013

The Atomic Chalet is a great place to stay in Huntsville UT in both summer and winter. The Chalet is run by the owner Wes Welsh who is a fantastic host, great inn keeper, wealth of information about local and near by activities activities, places of interest in Utah and an all around great guy. I personally have been staying there during my annual ski week for nearly 10 years. Powder Mountain and Snow Basin are great ski areas both of which are within 15-20 minutes drive from the Chalet. This summer I remarried and spent 8 days there in early July. The Weather was great, there are a wealth of outdoor activities if you are active and love the great outdoors. Fourth of July in the Huntsville park was very special. In all my stays at the Chalet, I have never met a person who did not enjoy the experience. My wife and I give the Chalet and Wes a great big 2 thumbs up.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple