Jackson Fork Inn
BestWestern.com
US$69
Motel 6
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 March 2010

My daughter and I stayed here 5 nights on a ski trip to Snowbasin and Powder Mountain. There's not much closer to Snowbasin. The room was comfortable and my daughter liked having her own space in the large loft bedroom. Breakfast was self-serve and nothing special but a quick and sufficient way to get enough to hit the slopes. The owner was friendly and accommodating. I liked the dogs, and they would leave you alone if you didn't want them around. The restaurant was good too.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank BobFromVA
Reviewed 1 December 2009

I was amazed to discover that Jackson Fork in is actually a historic dairy barn that has been converted into beautiful inn. Each room has its own unique layout and mine felt like a cozy loft. It had separate rooms within the suite which would be perfect for a large family.

It also had a huge Whirlpool tub that was very nice to soak in. I imagine that would be the perfect end to a day of skiing. The natural and organic bath products gave an extra special touch.

When I arrived the owner actually checked me in and was very friendly. The Inn is close to most of the Ogden Ski resorts and I would say it's the perfect getaway.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 February 2008

For value and location nothing beats the Jackson Fork Inn. The rooms are homey and comfortable, the food and restuarant is the best. I ski Snow Basin and Powder Mountain 10-15 days a season and for location, amenities, friendliness of staff and food I have not found many alternatives. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 31 March 2007

I booked a room for our 12th wedding anniversary thinking that after a day of snowboarding and enjoying the mountains we would stay in Huntsville. What a nightmare! We reserved a room with a hot-tub, and it went down-hill from there. My wife and I were looking foward all dat for a soak in the tub and it had a faucet that trickled cold to luke warm water. After 15 minutes the tub had about 2" of ice cold water so we decided to shower. Well that was ice cold. Frustration set in and we contacted the desk. The owner said everything should work.......well it obviously did not. The owner checked the boiler and said all is well. I waited 15 more minutes and the water was ice cold. After going back to the front desk a 2nd time I requested my money back, and went to another local hotel that accomomdated our needs for about 25.00 dollars less and had an awesome atmosphere.
P.S.The front desk///restaurant has dogs that are owned by the owner lying around in it. I love dogs, but a restaurant setting is not the place for these pets.

• Stayed: February 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank rsq51