“Tired property in need of major renovation”

Quality Inn Zion Park Area
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Hurricane
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Stayed here after a day at Zion National Park. Recommended and booked by AAA. The hotel needs to be brought up to par, it's way below as it stands. combo fan and light in bathroom literally sounded like a hurricane. Pool in front of the property needs some screening to provide some privacy from the constant stream of traffic 50 years away on the highway. Skip the "breakfast" as go down the road to McDonalds or one of a number of restaurants nearby. Better still consider a different property near by.

Room Tip: If you do stay here get a room facing the back of the hotel away from the traffic.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LVSCA
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn Zion Park Area

Reviewed 9 October 2013

Went on Tripadvisor top rating for properties in Hurricane. 3 nights for golf and dune riding. Its the little things that count like seeing the same overflowing ashtray at the entrence doors for 3days. Same wet towels around pool for 3 days. The property is falling apart with no apparent up keep. Terrible lighting in the smallish rooms. This hotel is not within walking distance to town you must drive, big disadvantage. Since I have not stayed at any other hotels in Hurricane I cannot compare properties but the Super 8 and the Travellodge look good from the outside.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the back of the property with good mountian views.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank kratour
Reviewed 3 October 2013

We are two retired couples who travel together. All for of us liked this hotel. We did not take advantage of the pool or hot tub but we did find the hotel clean and comfortable. Would recommend it to families or couples.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
G M, General Manager at Quality Inn Zion Park Area, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Dear Julie68133 -

Thank you for your grat review and kind words about our hotel. We are pleased to hear everything was up to your expectations, and hope will get the chance to return to stay with us again!

Reviewed 26 September 2013

I had no expectations when we came, and if the guy at the reception hadn't been so service minded, I would have removed one star from the review. The pool is located towards the parking lot and the highway. Why not put up some screens to give some privacy in the pool? The breakfast room was far to small so we could not try it. The bathroom needed maintenance. The free wifi didn't work all days. Also, we had bugs in the room. They where taken care of and sprayed so the problem was gone. I looked under the bed to verify that. I don't think the cleaner had done that in a while. Would we stay here again? Yes probably, as long as the receptionist takes care pf all problems, but better cleaning and a little maintance ofmthe hotel would make a huge difference.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 September 2013

After 10 hours on the road, my brother and I checked into this Comfort Inn at about 9pm on Tuesday, September 10th. Our room appeared to have had its share of use and was showing some age to it, especially in the bathroom. Everything still worked but as an example, while turning the faucets on for the shower, the shower fixtures were moving freely as if they were going to come loose from the wall. It didn’t stop the hot water from flowing though, so we could deal with those kinds of things relatively easy. The beds were fine and the room maintained a comfortable temperature, as we both had a good night’s sleep.

The breakfast was just as advertised, eggs, sausage, waffles, juice, etc., but the seating area could not handle the crowd that morning. We found ourselves going outside to a covered seating area, which was leaking considerably during the morning rains. We did manage to find a dry spot to eat our breakfast. Checkout was quick and easy. We were using this place just to sleep, so we didn’t check out any of the amenities the property had to offer. And as others have mentioned, it is a good 40-minute ride to the entrance of Zion National Park.

Because we were able to get a good night’s sleep, a hot shower and a pretty decent breakfast, I would stay here again if the opportunity presented itself.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank TheSimpleTraveler
Reviewed 17 September 2013

I stayed here twice and had two completely different experiences. The first two nights were ok and the staff was very nice. When I came back for two more nights, it was nothing but one lousy thing after another - room 210 is terrible. First there were no hangers, had to go down and ask for some. Then the air conditioner didn't work. The woman at the desk said she'd put me in a different room. Imagine my surprise when I opened the door to 221 and there was a man in the shower!! She said she didn't know he had checked in, a previous clerk didn't record it. She called the room and was pretty rude questioning the guy as to when he checked in, etc. Like it was his fault? So I have to go back to 210. She couldn't get air to work either and it was dumping water on the carpet, so she put down towels. Had to open the window and sleep with fan she gave me. Ok, but not exactly comfortable. She promised to refund my points and get me a new room first thing in the morning. I was ok with it, didn't really have any other choice.

Then when I tried to use the hair drier this morning, it literally started smoking and shooting flames. By this time I had had it and went down to the front desk and demanded a different room. The man at the front desk was rude and told me to "calm down, you don't need to get so upset". He also said something else but when I asked him to repeat it, he wouldn't. I didn't appreciate the attitude considering the situation. I mean, having a hair drier smoking and shooting flames at your head is a little disconcerting. Equipment fails, but it isn't my fault so don't act like I'm being unreasonable. They made all kinds of excuses, told me numerous times how accommodating they were being and I was the one with the problem. Both he and the woman were rude and unprofessional. They sent me to a different room but it wasn't ready and when I went down and told them, then the attitude got even worse. She insisted it was ready. When we went upstairs, she saw the maids were in the room and told them to hurry up and finish the bathroom and told me I could use it while the maid vacuumed. I waited in the hall and had to listen to her tell me several more times how awful it had been for her, she has 53 rooms to take care of. Seriously?? I was supposed to feel sorry for her? After all of this, I called Choice, cancelled my last night, got my points returned and am staying in a hotel in St. George tonight.

I travel with my job and spend about 75 nights a year in hotels. I have never written a review on any of them until today. It was just so over the top with attitude and nastiness, I felt I had to write one. If I knew the names of these 2 people, I'd name them. Unfortunately, the only way I have to identify them is that they are of a distinct ethnic group and leave it at that. Very disappointing experience and not what I expected given the first two nights I'd had there.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Jan H
Reviewed 15 September 2013

I booked this hotel to stay inn for 2 days while visiting Zion national Park. The hotel was reasonable for the area at $90 per night. The hotel was very basic in terms of linens and the mattress was very hard. The waffle maker made great waffles and the breakfast was otherwise OK. Now that I know the area I would spend $50 more a night to stay in Springdale.

Room Tip: There is no elevator. Stay an first floor at eastern end of hotel
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hurricane
Wingate by Wyndham Hurricane Near Zion National Park
EconoLodge
EconoLodge
#3 of 6 in Hurricane
Best Western Plus Zion West Hotel
La Quinta Inn & Suites La Verkin - Gateway to Zion
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Washington
La Quinta Inn & Suites at Zion Park / Springdale

Been to Quality Inn Zion Park Area? Share your experiences!