“Trip to Zion”

Quality Inn Zion Park Area
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Hurricane
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Spent 2 nights here and was very pleased with the inn. Clean, quiet rooms. Helpful staff. Good location - about 30 minutes to Zion NP and about the same to Kolob Canyon. Also close to St George. Good value for the area. I will definitely stay here again on my next trip to Zion.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Our room was recently remodeled, was clean and almost everything was in working order. The ironing board was broken. I liked having four pillows on each bed. The internet signal was too slow for video, but otherwise fine. The breakfast was stocked with waffles, fruit, eggs, sausages and assorted carbs. The breakfast room was clean and well attended. During a three day stay the maid didn't replace lotion or clean and replace the coffee. The hallway had a lot of noise from doors opening and closing and somewhat from the pool below our window. The location is about one mile from the restaurants in Hurricane. Last year we stayed at the Roadway in Hurricane and this is by far a better choice.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dean H
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I tried finding a room in Springdale, which is basically at the entrance to the park. I arived after 10, and half the hotels' front desks were closed and the other half were $170 + a night. A really nice girl who works at a local pizza quickly told me where not to stay and suggested Comfort Inn in Hurricane. The town is still really close to Zion and the hotel is really nice and made me feel so relieved at the end of a long frustrating night. The room looked newely remodeled, the hotel seemed quiet, I stayed in late April, and the front desk was friendly and helped me get a room without any haste. After having been in springdale, I was prepared for potentially pricey rooms, but my room was only $59. That's pretty cheap considering its so close to the park and the hotel is really very nice. If you're looking for somewhere to stay on your trip to Zion, this is the place to do it!

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Donniebarkow
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Run down hotel. Clean and comfortable rooms, but neighbors noisy with children running and screaming in the halls. Staff did their best to sort the problems, but not very successful for the first few hours. Breakfast not good and morning staff unhelpful. Would not stay here again

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Wiggle59
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

The only problem that I had was with their wifi. I stayed there for two nights. Had wifi the first day but nothing the second day. I complain but the problem was not fixed. Other than the rooms were clean and quiet. The breakfast wasn't bad. The staffs were friendly and the rooms were cheap.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 January 2014 via mobile

The hotel was old looking run down smelt terrible bad service from the people who run it and live there. Terrible breakfast the staff didnt do one thing they said they were going to. For the price it was a joke

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank durant_westbrook
Reviewed 21 December 2013

We were overcharged by $23. My receipt clearly stated one price, but when we got home the credit card was charged more. I called the hotel and they said they would provide a refund, but they never did. After disputing with my credit card company, I was able to recover the charge.

The actual hotel room was decent, but not spectacular. The cleanliness was pretty good.

The sign outside said a pool and hot tub was available, but when we tried to use it, they were closed. The first morning we had to leave about 15 minutes before the breakfast officially opened. The clerk wouldn't let us grab some fruit and pastries on the way out. The second morning, the breakfast was pretty good with a decent variety. The room was extremely crowded.

Also they wanted $10 for a rollaway crib. Many hotels offer this for free. I guess it's their right, but an additional negative in my book.

The free mini golf was pretty fun. Overall, I will not be choosing this hotel next time we are in the area.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank jaredpk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hurricane
Wingate by Wyndham Hurricane Near Zion National Park
EconoLodge
EconoLodge
#3 of 6 in Hurricane
Best Western Plus Zion West Hotel
La Quinta Inn & Suites La Verkin - Gateway to Zion
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Washington
Quality Inn & Suites Montclair

Been to Quality Inn Zion Park Area? Share your experiences!