“Get your vacation on with SUAC.”

Southern Utah Adventure Center
More attraction details
Owner description: With trails accessible right from our shop it is the best place to rent ATVs/UTVs. Ride in Warner Valley or the dunes on Sand Mountain or take a tour, the guides know the history and geology of the area and enjoy sharing it with their guests. You can hire a guide for part of your rental time to get you acquainted with the area and then go where you want for the rest of your time. Coral Pink Sand dunes and the amazing Yellow Jacket/Pahrunaweap trail are within driving distance and we rent trailers to take the vehicles there. We have boat and jet ski rentals for the nearby lakes Sand Hollow and Quail Creek. Lake Powell is 2 hours away. The best equipment and a knowledgeable staff ensure you get the most out of this vacation getaway.
Reviewed 10 October 2013

My friend and I came to the St George/Hurricane area for a week of golf and dune riding. We rented an Artic Cat Wildcat and a RZR 900xp for a two day self guided trip.Chad and the staff at SUAC was very professional and knowligible of the area and terrain we would be riding. We unfortunately had multiple breakdowns with one of our machines but they were very fast in getting us riding again without any drama. The riding was exceptional we rode on rocky terrain that would make a billy goat cry and sand dunes that went on forever. They took the time to explain the maps and trails to us and were very customer focused. The whole staff was singularly focused on making sure we had a great time. I would definitely recommend that you put this activity on your must do list when you are in the area these guys will take good care of you and you'll have a blast. We will be back next year.

All reviews
"year old son"
in 5 reviews
"great sights"
in 2 reviews
"provided snacks and water"
"felt comfortable"
"great half day"
"great conversation"

Reviewed 2 October 2013

We were looking for something to do and called for the sunset tour for the same night: no problem. Turned out to be worth the money. We went out with Gene who told us all sorts of interesting things on the local geology, climbing etc etc. Had a very good time!

2  Thank mkrijntjes
Chad D, Tour Guide at Southern Utah Adventure Center, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

Thanks for giving us the chance to share the area we love with you. I always enjoy taking people to the top of the mesa to watch the sunset over the mountains and the shadow of the mesa we are standing on creep out over the cliffs of Zion.

Jene

Reviewed 25 August 2013

We had an awesome time on our 4 hour ATV tour! Our tour guide, Gene, was very funny and comfortable to be around. He really knew what he was doing and would make sure everyone was comfortable with the speed and terrain as we went along. He has some great stories and history of the area as well.

The tour was priced well. Everything was included such as gas, helmets, goggles, and surprising water, and even snacks during the tour. (You should still bring your own bottle just in case, you get really thirsty out there.)

I would recommend bringing or buying a bandanna to cover your mouth because even though the helmet covers your mouth, you still get a lot of sand in there. You get so much more out of the 4-hour tour for not much more money, I would recommend 3 or 4 hours if you have the time.

I am glad you guys enjoyed the trip even when the guide machine became disabled you were patient and willing to go on by doubling up on one machine. I extended the trip to make up for the down time while we realized the battery had fallen out and completely discharged. I always enjoy sharing the area that I love with others.
Jene

Reviewed 9 August 2013

My wife and our three young children (12,8 & 4) had a fantastic time jeeping with Gene at sunset. It was the only family activity in the area that could truly accommodate all of us without our 4 year old being left out or our 12 year old being bored. Gene has many kids and grandkids of his own so he couldn't have been more accommodating and patient. He was very knowledgeable taking the time to teach us about the incredible natural surroundings. He also had plenty of water and snacks ready to go. You will get dirty and the winding roads might get to those who suffer from motion sickness. My daughter started to get woozy so Gene pulled off the rod and adjusted his driving accordingly making it a non-issue going forward. All of the desert toy activities in the valley are expensive, this tour included, however I would do it again as we got our money's worth! Go for it!

See more reviews
Reviewed 12 July 2013

My wife, two sons, and I did the 3 hour tour on 2 Razors and had a blast! Brian and his dog Bo gave us an experience that will last a lifetime. Brian was very personable and informative and the very energetic Bo just loved being along for the ride. We covered different types of terrain from dirt to rocks to sand and saw things that 99% of tourists miss out on.
Climbing the "sand bowl" was a blast, but make sure that you fully understand the route because you will not be able to watch your guide conquer it before it's your turn. Do exactly what he tells you to and you will be fine. My wife was not as fortunate. She turned into the hill too much and rolled over. The machine protected her and my 12 year old well and there were no injuries other than their pride and very sandy bodies. The cosmetic damage to the machine was covered because it was a tour and not a rental. I tell this story not to scare anyone, but rather just to make sure that you fully understand the instructions .We carried on and enjoyed the rest of the trip. This was our first time on Razors and they are very easy to operate. Take the goggles that they offer you for the dusty parts of the trail. Brian had a cooler of cold water for us to enjoy.
This is a very professional outfit. Budget for this in your vacation and you will not be sorry.