“Blown Away.”
Review of Pah Tempe Hot Springs - CLOSED

Pah Tempe Hot Springs
Reviewed 30 December 2012

I went for a 3 hour block. Arrived...greeted by friendly owner (German accent). Walked barefoot (not recommended) down a wood chip path. Arrived to find 5 small pools built against the side of a mountain. At this point I am thinking "ok this is sort of cool, but I don't think I will last 3 hours in these pools." I started in the lower pools, then moved to the upper pools. After 45 minutes I was ready to get out. The virgin river runs adjacent the pools so I decided that before I leave I should take a dip in the river.....I spent the next 3 hours in the river. its 90-110 degrees with thermal vents all over the place. I took a mud bath covered in black mud. Let warm bubbles envelope my body...it was simply amazing. My kids also did not want to leave...after nearly 4 hours. The setting is rad. The experience is out of this world...if you decide to explore what the property has to offer. (the thermal vents are up the river for about a quarter mile.)

8  Thank WorldwideHotelsnob

Reviewed 24 October 2012

My wife and i are locals and we love Pah Tempe! PRIVATE and romantic hot springs bubbling out of the mountain sitting just above the Virgin River. You a 3 hour private block of time. I always make a dinner and bring cocktails and we relax it on of the georgeous pools of hot spring water. As your body slids in the water the aches and pains exit. It is unbelievable. If you are looking for a unique one of a kind experience this is a must visit. These springs are nestled in a awesome canyon cut out by the Virgin River. Map it because it is not clearly marked. Also make reservations early, this place gets booked at certain times of the year. The owners are very nice and accommodating. You will want to come back for more! i rate this spring at the very top of all the hot springs we have visited in our travels. You be glad you found Pah Tempe!! It feels sacred and healing.

4  Thank 1Graywolf
Reviewed 10 October 2012

This place is simply amazing. The owner and his wife are very nice and friendly. If reserving ahead of time, which I usually do, I'm asked to mail a check ahead of time to reserve the place. The springs are privately owned and operated, so when renting the place, you have the whole area to yourself. There are generally rented in three hour blocks. I usually just call Ken up and ask if the three hour block I want is available on the day I want.

On property, he has a pool filled by the natural springs as well as two bathrooms and changing rooms. The springs are a short walk down a well maintained trail. There are approximately 6 pools that are surrounded by rock walls creating all natural pools. That means I recommend a pair of water shoes as there is rock and sand on the bottom of the pools. Also, because they are all natural, there is some calcium build up and sometimes algae that collect in the pools. The pool temperatures all vary, from approximately 104 degrees down to 98 degrees. They are very comfortable. There are a variety of benches available and a small grass area. The pools sit on the edge of the Virgin River so the springs spill over the edge of the pool and into the river below. It's an awesome and intimate setting.

If going at night, I recommend bringing a flashlight as there are often no lights down by the springs. This is an absolutely wonderful place to relax and soak your bones. Don't wear jewelry in the springs as the sulfer will discolor silver. The sulfer smell is slight and not too over powering. I highly recommend this place.

2  Thank Shelbel1e
Reviewed 27 September 2012

Perfect way to end the day. Wonder hot springs soak with friends or by your self. Group rates but easy to find a few friends to hang with. Sound of the river below as you look to the stars above. Stop by and give it a try.

2  Thank cat b
See more reviews
Reviewed 11 June 2012

Pah Tempe means healing waters from the rocks. These mineral rich waters, containing 50 different salts and minerals, come from a large underground lake and has not seen the light of day for millions of years. The hot spring pools built into the Virgin River bank cascade to the river, offering a range of water temperatures from 107F - 101F, as well as access to the Virgin River itself where the waters are warmed to as much as 70F. The property owner, Ken Anderson, met us as we arrived, led us down the path to the hot spring pools, and explained about the springs and the mineral water and then encouraged us to relax and enjoy our the hot springs and the beautiful Virgin River canyon in privacy. We had a lovely time trying each of the pools and the river and finally relaxing in a favorite pool, stepping out to cool off and relax on the poolside or benches and then returning to the delicious, silky, warm water.
Pah Tempe Hot Springs has an excellent website with information about the hot springs and their history. I recommend watching the video interview with Ken Anderson - very interesting and inspiring.

4  Thank HappyCus2mer123